Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

stage 5 jammer

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah thats who i called was rich at gillett. A guy that does diesel performance by my house buys tons of parts through him and he said $30 per injector for flow test. Is there any where elese in slc or utah county, i called cummins in slc and they can not flow test, just pop off. Thanks skyler
Old 11-09-2005, 10:09 AM

So i had them flow tested and 2 of the nozzles were bad. Thats what was causing my problem.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mx yfz 450
So i had them flow tested and 2 of the nozzles were bad. Thats what was causing my problem.
No kidding?
What do you mean by Bad?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 AM

I had them tested at a shop in slc ut called performance diesel injection and they tested them and said that 2 of the injectos were only flow through 4 of the 7 holes in the nozzles and that the pin that goes through the middle of the nozzles looked like they had tons of miles on them. But i'm just waiting to see if they are going to warranty the nozzles.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:49 AM

I had them tested at a shop in slc ut called performance diesel injection and they tested them and said that 2 of the injectos were only flow through 4 of the 7 holes in the nozzles and that the pin that goes through the middle of the nozzles looked like they had tons of miles on them. But i'm just waiting to see if they are going to warranty the nozzles.
Do you mean 4 out of the 8? Jammers have 8 holes.

Did you call II in SLC? I'll bet they flow test em. The reason I ask is Gillet really talked down the Jammers when I asked about them. They tried to sell me thier extrude honed injectors. I'll have to read through your original post to remember what problems you were having.
Keep us informed will ya? I'm sure you should be able to get it taken care of.

BTW, what did it end up costing you to get them tested?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:06 PM

Yeah i ment 4 of 8 holes. Yeah rich sugested that i buy his rv injectors that give 60-80 for $80 a peice. I just want more horse than that. The place does alot of stuff for my uncles diesel shop that is doing my work and they flow tested them and pop tested them for free so that was nice and there going to clean and shim the injectors with the new nozzles for $15 a injector. The place that i ordered them is going to send me new nozzles under warranty.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:38 PM

Yeah i ment 4 of 8 holes. Yeah rich sugested that i buy his rv injectors that give 60-80 for $80 a peice. I just want more horse than that. The place does alot of stuff for my uncles diesel shop that is doing my work and they flow tested them and pop tested them for free so that was nice and there going to clean and shim the injectors with the new nozzles for $15 a injector. The place that i ordered them is going to send me new nozzles under warranty.
Thats great, i'm glad they are goin gto take care of you. now youve got me wondering if I should pull mine and have them flow tested. they seem to be smoking just fine
Old 11-09-2005, 02:32 PM

What Do You Think I Should Do Next For More Power, I'll Have A Comp Box 4" Ex,intake, I'm Sending My Box To Edge To Get The Drag Mod, Is The Drag Mod Realy Worth It? What Turbo Whould I Get I Have Been Looking At The Hx35/hx Hybrid But I Want To Know What You Think Would Be A Good Turbo For Street Use And Some Towing. I Don't Have A Fuel Pressure Gauge , Do I Need One, I Just Got A New Injection Pump And A In-tank Lift Pump Installed About 2 Months Ago. Thanks Skyler
Old 11-09-2005, 02:46 PM

Your gonna need a bigger turbo than the 35, hybrid or not the 35 isnt goin gto do it.
I'm running the HTT HTB2 62/12 with almost the same combo as you and I wish I had a bigger one. I'm either going to get some twins or up grade to the sled puller 66. I went with the 62/12 because I tow once in a while my self and it works great for that, heck eveN racing around SLC it does good, I just want more so I'm gonna sell or upgrade the HTB2 soon. (HINT HINT)
I have the Drag Comp my self and the only differance I can feel is on the top end as is doesnt defuel like the factory ecm does. You should just call Edge make an appointment and get the Drag mod done while you wait. It only takes them about 15 min and

Your gonna need more fuel, the new lift pump will NOT keep up with the Drag Comp and injectors, you will end up toassting another VP. Better take a look at the FASS, Holley Blue or the like.

GET GAUGES!!!!!
if you dont have them you must have; Fuel Pressure, EGT, Boost.
FP and EGT are an absolute must.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:35 PM

Yeah I Would Be Interested In Your Turbo For Sure. I Have Egt And Boost Gauges All Ready. I'm Going To Get The Fuel Pressure Gauge Here Asap. So Your Saying That I Will Need Another Inline Pump. I Have The Intake Ful Pump That Pushes More Fuel Than A Stock One. What Kind Of Hp Are You Getting Out Of Your Truck? The Place That I Ordered These Tips Said Mine Would Be Arounf 450 But Who Knows. Should I Spend The Extra Money And Get The Electric Fuel Gauge Or Just Get The Manual One. I Bassicaly Want My Truck To Be A Good Reliable Street Truck With Some Towing For My Dirtbikes And Quads To Go To Motocross Races. I Know That I'm Going To Need A Upgraded Clutch Here Soon Cause My Stock One Is Starting To Go Out. Thanks Skyler
Old 11-09-2005, 04:39 PM

Yeah I Would Be Interested In Your Turbo For Sure. I Have Egt And Boost Gauges All Ready. I'm Going To Get The Fuel Pressure Gauge Here Asap. So Your Saying That I Will Need Another Inline Pump. I Have The Intake Ful Pump That Pushes More Fuel Than A Stock One. What Kind Of Hp Are You Getting Out Of Your Truck? The Place That I Ordered These Tips Said Mine Would Be Arounf 450 But Who Knows. Should I Spend The Extra Money And Get The Electric Fuel Gauge Or Just Get The Manual One. I Bassicaly Want My Truck To Be A Good Reliable Street Truck With Some Towing For My Dirtbikes And Quads To Go To Motocross Races. I Know That I'm Going To Need A Upgraded Clutch Here Soon Cause My Stock One Is Starting To Go Out. Thanks Skyler
Lets make a deal on the turbo... I'll drop you a PM with my contact

On your fuel pressure deal. I use a mechanical one, I like the full sweep gauges. As soon as you get your gauge check it at idle and at WOT, should never be below 10psi, others will say 5 but I say why push it. With my Drag Comp on 5x5 foot on the floor and my FASS pumping away I cant get less than 15psi. I would think 5 psi at WOT with the box on 5x5 should be ok for ya but if ya can get a pusher like a Holley Blue, there inexpensive compaired to a FASS by a long shot and they put out the fuel.
I need to get to a Dyno. I still havent ran mine yet so no idea. I'm hoping around 500 but just the same it's scary fast as it is.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:57 PM

Yeah I'm Going To Get The Gauge And Then See What I'm Running As Far As Fp And See If I Realy Need A Another In-line Pump Cause I Don't Want To Buy Another Pump If I Don't Have Too. I Kinda Concerened With My Egt's With These Injectors Tips My Egt's Never Get Over 1050 But With These Injectors We Will Have To See What They Are.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Banned

With my comp on 5x5 and 275 injectors, my holley blue is putting out 11 at WOT. The only pump I'm running is the holley. Completely removed the factory junk and threw it as far as I possibly could.