Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

stage 5 jammer

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stage 5 jammer

I would like to know what you think about these, i got them put them in and my truck barley runs now , lots of white smoke. It's getten taken to the diesel shop later tonight. But i have heard that they sometimes don't all flow the same ammount of fuel. I would like to know what you guys think of these and if should just sell them and buy injectors or do they work pretty well after you get them in right. Thanks skyler
Old 11-07-2005, 04:50 PM

did you just get the nozzle and put them on your old injhectors? how many mile on them? were they pressure tested befor you installed them? did you install them yourself? 20 questions
Old 11-07-2005, 05:00 PM

yeah i just installed them in my old injectors. Yeah i made the mistake of trying to install them my self. No i didn't have the old ones presure tested. I also didn't replace the copper washers on the bottom of the nozzles, wich i should have. my truck has 108K on it and the nozzles were new. Thanks skyler
Old 11-07-2005, 05:12 PM

I had a set of jammer 5s and you are suppose to take them to a diesel injection shop to install they will know what to do

they will pressure test and flow test them.

the spring inside the injector needs to be shimmed
Old 11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Registered

i installed my stage 4's by myself and they work like there supposed to
Old 11-07-2005, 06:26 PM

if you get alot of white smoke and you just put the nozzles on there is only two things I would say, you have a malfunctioning injector or the shim thickness is incorrect. eather way you will have to pull them. the cooper washer thickness should be .06 in check your old ones or get new ones. when you pulled the tips you want to make sure to keep everything clean and DO NOT TOUCH THE NEEDLE WITH YOUR FINGERS OIL FROM THEM CAN DAMAGE IT. and you want to make sure the intermediate plate supply wholes line up. they can be reversed.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:56 PM

I didnt have mine tested and they work perfectly...guess im lucky...

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Banned

I just got my tips from the brown truck yesterday, I was kicking around the idea of installing them and going with it. I don't want to have this problem so i guess the 100.00 the injector shop wants is money well spent to have them pop on the knats a##. The other thing is i got the cores off ebay and they are SO injecters with a who knows what history. I should have them done by the weekend wooohoooo.

Steve
Old 11-08-2005, 10:12 AM

**** Steve I paid like $60 to have mine checked after the nozzle install, better check around.

Which ones did you get stage..3,4,5.???

BTW I realy like mine, wish I would have gone stage 5's instead of 4's.
Oh well guess I'll just get more and have extras

Dan
Old 11-08-2005, 10:45 AM

The place around here wants $30 per injector to flow test them. I'm just having a diesel shop re-install them with out flow testing them and well see how that runs. I know that when i put them in that the #5 injector had a hard time going down in and the retaining plate stuck alittle higher than the other ones so maybe thats my another one of my problems. Is all i know from know on all my performance parts that i buy are getting put on by a diesel shop.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:51 AM

The place around here wants $30 per injector to flow test them. I'm just having a diesel shop re-install them with out flow testing them and well see how that runs. I know that when i put them in that the #5 injector had a hard time going down in and the retaining plate stuck alittle higher than the other ones so maybe thats my another one of my problems. Is all i know from know on all my performance parts that i buy are getting put on by a diesel shop.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=mx yfz 450] I know that when i put them in that the #5 injector had a hard time going down in and the retaining plate stuck alittle higher than the other ones so maybe thats my another one of my problems.QUOTE]

I'll bet the copper gasket fell off the end of injector and thats why it didnt quite fit correctly.?

Dan
Old 11-08-2005, 12:07 PM

Hey zukgod1, looks like your from utah where did you get your nozzles checked for $60. Thanks skyler
Old 11-08-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by mx yfz 450
Hey zukgod1, looks like your from utah where did you get your nozzles checked for $60. Thanks skyler
Gillet Diesel in SLC, I have a comercial account with them but it didnt seem to help any. Let me know what they quote you. They will check the pop off's for free but charge if they need to be shimed.

Dan
Old 11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mx yfz 450
I'll bet that's your problem. The injector is sitting to far up in the hole and the connector tube is having a hard time sealing against it. Did you make sure to align the hole in the injector with the connector tube?

Quick Reply: stage 5 jammer