Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

stacks

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stacks

anyone have any words of wisdom or thoughts. do u like them. sound wise and in general. do they ever get annoying. or do u regret getting them?? im seriously thinking about getting some. so.. just curious
Old 11-06-2008, 02:03 PM

I luv my stacks. In the beginning I thought I'd be cool and run 'em straight... ****, they were too loud... so, back on with the straight thru muff and now they're perfect.
I would never use square tube across the bed, only round and I would use the 6" across the bed and for the stacks in stainless only. The Tee in the bed is a 6 x 6 x 4 which lets me hook up my 4 inch from the muff using a 90 elbow under the bed.
I love miter cuts not the kick outs but thats personal preference...
I get lots of people reving on me at the lights, and I like the black soot down the back of the top of the stack...
LoL
I can live with the little specks of black soot on my rear fenders occassionally and the space I lost was minimal, it don't interfere with the car trailer and kicks the smoke up over the stuff I tow a little.

thats just me...
Attached Thumbnails stacks-101_1269.jpg   stacks-101_0838.jpg   stacks-101_0894.jpg   stacks-101_1198.jpg  
Old 11-06-2008, 02:56 PM

i like my stacks love the sound they just take up some of the bed and my whole inside rattles especially my rear slider but what part of that isnt a cummins about hahah
Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM

jus be sure to have some sort of rain cap or something to stick over it when it rains cus mine had more than black specs on it, covered the side of my bed if it had rained b4 start up. i had a 6" turnout.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:37 PM

That's weird... I never have an issue with rain...
Dont use caps or anything... One time I let it set out in the driveway while I was off Elk Hunting for a week and it rained almost every day!
When I came back, fired it up and had steam coming out but no soot blowing.
Maybe under different circumstances I would've had a black blanket but not that time.

Mine are straight up lookin at the sky too.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:46 PM

hmm. well idk but when i had mine on i could cover the side of my truck. my bud has a 5" turnout on his and he doesnt have much soot come out of his. guess its hit or miss? i did love the sound and the attention i got tho
Old 11-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Oh, dam... I bet I know what it is.... Mine is just runnin' leaner & cleaner.

I don't have all those hot rod boxes and injector work so mine's probably pumpin a lot less unburned fuel than most.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:27 PM

cdennyb

That is about the cleanest, best installed, set of stacks I've ever seen. You took your time on that install and it shows. Great job
Old 11-06-2008, 11:34 PM

ya those are some really clean looking stacks, and thanks for all the input. im gonna go the stack route i am sure. i love the sound as well and my truck wouldnt mind the extra looks. thanks againn guys
Old 11-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Well thanks for the + compliments... I have access to lots of 4" and 6" stainless and I hate pipe clamps! So... TIG welding everything was the only thing left. I thought long and hard about using 6" 90 elbows at each side but after measuring and seeing where they would come up to on each side... I just 45 cut the ends of the cross tube and nailed er down like that. Those are 48" tall. I don't use any flex either. It hangs free from the bed where the elbow goes thru up to the bellhousing hanger where the down pipe is. I have an exhaust brake section up front just as it goes horizontal and I've never had any breakage or crack issues so far, (knock on wood).
I have lots more pictures if anyone is interested.. PM me and I'll send them to your email address.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 AM

Not to hijack but cd, that is a one wicked hydro pickle, what are you running?
Old 11-07-2008, 09:56 AM

That's a '77 Sanger. You can read all about it's history, it's almost death, and the resurection I did over the past 5 years at our web site: www.penztoy.com
It has a 540 cu in Blown alky in it... but it's just our ski & play lake boat. LoL
Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 AM

That is wicked cd!!! I will own a bubble deck one day. I have a 1980 mastercraft, just replaced the left stringer due to rot, which led to the whole left side floor as well! Just got her running, been out of the water for 7 years! Now to get her wet this weekend!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10 AM

right on... I can relate to your excitment... trust me!!!

remember to put in the plug LoL
send me pics when you get time, I love these old boats... they dont make them anymore...
It's fun to pull up to the launch ramp with a bunch of kids all getting into their mastercrafts (no offense) thinking they're hot stuff and watch their faces when I fire up and idle out... LoL
Wish your little ski boat was hot like mine... Kinda like a song i heard once. LoL

Blows their minds when we pull out ski rope and skis.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:55 AM

someone put a bunch of water in my stack because i blocked them in a parking space(oakland parking stinks) so when i started my truck about 2 gallons of water shot all over there car! it looked like someone sprayed flat black paint all over there car!!! funniest thing ever!

Quick Reply: stacks