Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stack Stories, You Won't Believe....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 trucks & 5 years later I'm about to take my stacks off for the time being. I'm going to leave my crossbox bolted to the bed, but I'm going to fab up a straightpipe from a 4" over axle piece I bought off a buddy with a 04.5 3500.

One older black man had a single 5" flat top stack on his 95 3500 back about 5 years ago when I put my 1st set of stacks on my original 97 Reg Cab CTD. Everybody thought I was crazy...a few people thought they were cool.....but I caught a lot of redicule.

These days they are EVERYWHERE! EVERYBODY has stacks around here, me...I'm just kinda fed up with the up keep. Sometimes I wish I could just drive thru a car wash rather than have to get out and phsyically wash mine.

I'm still gonna swap my miters on for sled pulling this summer, but the 4" tailpipe will be a welcomed relief on the ride to IRP this year.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Banned

I lost all hope of driving through car washes as soon as I put a leveling kit on mine. Much less the 4.5" lift and stacks. Oh well. The only story I've got on mine is some guy in a parking lot asking if their functional. Needless to say when I looked back he was trying to fan the smoke away. Silly ferd driver.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Thanks Gerry! But I perfur Hillbilly!
I like hayseed the best.As far as I know I've got the only diesel in town with stacks.Some goof in a gas shortox has some small turnouts here and it looks dumb.Havn't seen him on the road while I've been driving yet,but when I do I will blast him with a cloud of coal and show him whos boss.Everyone looks in confusement when I hammer on it with the comp on 5x5 and it is an easy way to get rid of tailgaters when you hammer on it in 4th at like 1000 rpms.It never fails.Everyone loves them except for my tuner car friends who drive hopped up vw's.It's just too bad my 8000 lb truck goes faster than their 1900 lb rabbit .I was at an auto parts store once getting ready to leave when a 3rd gen dually with bd stickers pulls beside me and they looked at the exhaust with their mouths on the floor wondering if it was real,they found out when I hammered down and fogged out a few spots
Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 PM

home made stack...

I like the way most stacks look if they are done right, but some of them are just so "rednecked" together that its just plain wrong...for example..I saw an older flatbed Ferd stroker the other day that had a single 3" dia. piece of exhaust pipe made to look like a stack sticking out from under the right side of the flatbed, and the thing probably sat about 3 ft above the top of the cab, but the funniest part was, there was a 90 degree elbow clamped on then end of it to make it a turnout stack...i couldnt help but laugh...
Old 06-03-2006, 01:20 AM

Was testing out my new smarty on 8 stacked with the comp on 5x5 tonight,and these chicks in a t top of some kind were cruising by and appearantly I smoked them out a few blocks before and they said NICE TRUCK!! and thanks for killing us!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by doodah
well, I seen him the other day for the first time with the stacks in, and he is running 6" mitres, but they are 5ft or better above the cab!!! fricken ugly as hell!!!!! what gets me is, he says that thats the way his dad said they are supposed to be!!lol
That's a little bit too tall. lol Mine are plenty tall, but perfect with the Featherlite g/n.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:11 AM

i was at a job site and ordered dominos pizza when the delivery man came the first thing he said was "what are those snorkles" and i quickly replied with a serios look on my face "yea their for that crazy deep air around here"
Old 06-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

i was down at the ocean friday night cruising when this really good looking irl in a lexus pulls up next to me and i honked the air horn at her...then she asked me if i got bad gas mileage with all the smoke i was blowing. i told her it was diesel and it got great mileage. well she gave me the 1 finger salute, told me to "convert to democrat and grow up" so when i left that light i purposely blacked out a 4 lane highway for her. she hadn't even seen smoke before that, all she had seen was a grey haze at half throttle.

i always have people give me weird looks when next to me on the highway and i can see them wondering if they are real so i blip the throttle and let out a puff and roar and 90% of the time i get a thumbs up or a smile. truckers really love, ive gotten a few honks from big rigs...which of course i answer back with a little puff of coal and a blast of my 150dB air horns
Old 06-04-2006, 03:47 PM

Posted by GetBlown 5.9
"well she gave me the 1 finger salute, told me to "convert to democrat and grow up"
Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Racer9
Posted by GetBlown 5.9
"well she gave me the 1 finger salute, told me to "convert to democrat and grow up"
Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are.
i have no clue what the democrat comment was about...but that growing up thing...never gonna happen, im 21 and just starting to have fun
Old 06-04-2006, 09:00 PM

edit
Uhmmm?? I think your going to get nailed for that comment?

Last edited by wannadiesel; 06-04-2006 at 09:17 PM. Reason: He's right, you know. ;)
Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 PM

ya i put some 6in stakes on my truck on minor cuts, i also made this kit my self and did it vearly cheep i bought the stacks for $25 and made the box out of 12 gauge steel and then i was down the sound and feeling u get from stacks with ur back window is great,------Ps----- it is always fun to scrub suit out of ur interior lol i love it.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mr T
....i noticed the stack thing is preading like wildfire...im gonna have to create a new exhaust concept to remain different pretty soon
I think I'm going to run mine out the tailgate, like a double-barreled shotgun of 6" caliber

Going to have to do some figuring, though-- and get a tonneau