Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Stack Stories, You Won't Believe....

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Stack Stories, You Won't Believe....

On the way to work this morning I'm cruising in the slow lane minding my own business and traffic is flying bye me, and I look up and some guys in a ford diesel had slowed to the backend of the truck. So I'm think'n to myself, what do these guys want? Then I see a phone pop up in the windshield and see these guys pull over behind me. And sure enough these guys are taking pictures of my stacks with there camera phone! I get off of the freeway and they follow me off. So I had to show them some black clouds of joy and the looks and grins on there faces were priceless! So as I turn into the Am/Pm there still snapp'n pictures on there camera phone.

-Thus far I have had people climb under the truck to see how the stacks are ran up into the bed, a guy climb up on the bumper while I'm sitting in the cab, and a guy burn his hand because he thought they were just for looks!

"Stacks Rule!"
Old 05-26-2006, 10:49 AM

you're living in that mexican haven...they get excited over anything....sheesh stacks... how retarded( i have em too )..who needs stacks...why would u ever wanna make a diesel louder

yeah alot of people don't think they're real on mine either until i fire it up....i noticed the stack thing is preading like wildfire...im gonna have to create a new exhaust concept to remain different pretty soon
Old 05-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

That's funny......some people get so excited over the smallest things!!

I had a guy driving beside me one day and would never leave my side. Where I turned he turned and then got up beside me again. So I finally stopped and so did he ( kinda made me nervous cuz I didn't know what he was doing ) so I asked him nicely why he had been following me............and he said he just liked watching my wheels spin cuz they were so shinny The dude followed me for a long ways just cuz he like watching my wheels..............what a nerd!!!

~Nick
Old 05-26-2006, 11:57 AM

The first day I had my stacks, I had a guy in a Chevy 1500 come up behind me and I look in my mirror and see the guy taking some pictures with his phone. The only thing I thought was thank God we were stopped at a light when he was taking the pics.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heard a guy telling another guy the ones on my truck were just for show as I walked out of a 7-11 one day. He then proceeded to verify with me that they were for looks only and I said "yep". I'm thinking if he can't tell from the black soot build up about three inches from the ends of the pipes, let him think they're fake (hey it could be spray paint right).
You should have seen his face when I fired it up the the two puffs of coal came out of them. I just eased off into the night.

I was coming back from the Outer Banks one Sunday from a weekend of fishing when I came alongside a bus load of ROTC youngins. They all came over to one side of the bus and took pics as I drove by. Thought they were going to roll the bus over all being on one side for sure. I just smiled and hammered down.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

I don't have my stacks on as you can tell from my pics they will be on this coming tuesday.

But my old ford I coulden't go anywhere we out people looking and pointing with a grin. I had people take pics to, one guy asked me if it was a snorkle and I said yes.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:38 PM

I had a mechanic from Cummins West in Fresno ask if my stacks functional or were they just for looks...I guess he missed the soot around the top of them. This was the same guy that could believe that I had twin turbos on the truck either. His exact words were"I have never seen such a thing"
Oh well.....

Rick
Old 05-26-2006, 08:17 PM

they are just going to send those pictures to the relatives down south here with the caption "look at the Rednecks we have up here"
Old 05-26-2006, 09:13 PM

Thanks Gerry! But I perfur Hillbilly!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:36 PM

I think I fit into either catagory....

except my truck is pretty...
Old 05-27-2006, 01:16 PM

I think I started a trend around here. Never saw a stacked Ram here, til after I put mine on. A few guys running 6" mitre tops now. I've met one of them last year. Haven't met the others yet. There is one on my parents street somewhere.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:30 PM

Around town I've seen two trucks with stacks- a Dodge that looked good and a ferd I saw filling up at the gas station. Gasser with stacks?????
Old 05-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
and a guy burn his hand because he thought they were just for looks!

"Stacks Rule!"

ya i left my truck running while i ran in the store for a drink.... i know you guys are gonna say *** but i have shaved door handles and keep a spare remote on me at all times so it's not like a guy is gonna just hop in my truck and go.... anyways... i come back out and there's a guy walkin aroun my truck... he asks if they are real... i said ya.... now i had been driving for 30 min or so and it had been idling for 2-3 min so there was some built up heat.... then he asks do they get hot? i said i dono why don't you find out.... sure nuff he planted that hand on there and removed it about as fast.... i just grinned and said was it hot?..... i think he drove a chevy so he has an excuese....
Old 05-28-2006, 01:46 PM

Here in N.E. Iowa, no one had stacks, I got so many looks when I built my first set, everybody thought they were just for looks also!!!lol, until they see the puff!, well, thats been dang near 1 1/2 years ago, and I have made 26 stack boxes since then besides my own!!, I got 2 more sets to do,I could do alot more if I had the time! I just put a set in my first 3rd gen, A buddie owns and he wanted me to put the resonator he had left over from his second gen 24 valve on it to kill the drone, it sounds great! like I said, 2 more to do!, but I got people calling me and e-mailing me left and right to make them some stack kits!. Im so sick of making them, and everyone has them now, Im about ready to put something on that NO ONE ELSE HAS............ A tailpipe!!lol..........................
Old 05-28-2006, 01:59 PM

Oh, I forgot the best one. I usaully try to do the installs myself if they come to get the kits that I make, but If they want to tackle it themselves they are more then welcome, well, I sold just a cross box to a fella a few towns away, with a 2000 white 4door shortbox powerchoke I asked him what stacks he was planning to run, and wwhat he wanted for spacing between the stacks he said 6" mitre cuts just a little ways above the cab. like mine, but he only wanted 3ft between the stacks! well, I seen him the other day for the first time with the stacks in, and he is running 6" mitres, but they are 5ft or better above the cab!!! fricken ugly as hell!!!!! what gets me is, he says that thats the way his dad said they are supposed to be!!lol

Quick Reply: Stack Stories, You Won't Believe....