Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

stack info

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stack info

im going to be putting in a single stack in very soon and i like the miter cut. but my question is , should i be worried about the amount of rain(snow) to go down inside and sit? what about a flat cut with a rain flap? i saw someone runnin that setup today....not sure on the looks of it.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Muted User

I run a 4" SCH 10 Stainless stack ( about 4 3/8" OD) with a miter cut. I love miter cut tops, I feel they look the best. All I did was put a 3/16" hole at the lowest point in the system, which happens to be just about right under the stack. Thats all you need, as I have been running this way for about 3 years. I checked the hole regularily at first to make sure it wouldnt soot over and clog, but its been fine. I am trying to put some photos in the gallery, but I cant figure out how to do it !!!!

Kevin
Old 03-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Muted User

There in there now waiting approval... I had my cookies turned off and it wont work without em.

Kevin
Old 03-30-2005, 11:22 PM

Sence you are going to put stacks in why not go with twins instead of a single I've got twin 5in with turn outs and live in Seattle where it dosen't rain that much and dont have any problem with getting water in the just the soot flakes sticking to the wet paint think that the flapers are the worst thing out there all the other treatments are fine stright, mitered i would use these if i did it again and the trun outs which I've got and i also have about a 1/4in hole in the bottom of each 90 under the stacks

Robert
Old 03-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Banned

Hey Robert whats up check my pics I run dual mitre cuts it has been raining alot here and I have not had any water problems. If I was worried about it though I would install a drain **** somewhere under the truck. As long as the truck doesnt sit for a real long time it isnt anything to worry about and if you are going to park it for a month or so put some buckets on top of them. Just my opinion
Old 03-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Banned

I had dual miter cuts that saw plenty of rain... didn't really have a big soot problem... not enough to worry about...

with that said, I would go w/ a turnout or curved top stack for a single... that's my plan when the twins go in... a single miter cut just doesn't look right to me.

Forrest
Old 03-31-2005, 04:33 AM

thanx for all your input. the only reason im doing the single is that i need the whole 8' in the bed. miter cut is the way im going to go
Old 03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Banned

I like single stacks... only reason I went w/ dual stacks last time was because I thought it would look goofy w/ the toolbox slid forward w/ just one stack... I like a curved or flat top for a single... but to each their own

Forrest
Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 PM

What about those Peterbilts with the big hockey stick tips? Anybody got the nerve for a set of those babies? I'd like to see them eh.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:02 PM
Banned

I think the bull haulers are a little out there on our little trucks. I've seen some dualies that looked alright w/ them, but they just end up looking like bunny ears or donkey ears on a single wheel truck

some guys love 'em, but I think they look a little silly... the worst are the 6" bull haulers on a 3/4 ton...
Old 03-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Muted User

Yup, Im with you Forest, there is a 6" pipe dual-bull hauler tip moron running around here every so often. The funniest part is they are also way way too high above the cab... its positively absurd... right up there with those big muffers and wings on Saturns, Neons and Honda Civc's....... I am embarrassed for this guy, and he thinks its cool

Kevin
Old 03-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned

I think 5" stacks are "borderline" obnoxious on these trucks, but when they're not a mile high, they generally look pretty good, and with twins, 5" exhaust is "necessary", so they're not totally out of place... heck, I've run a few dual 5" stack setups on my truck

6" stuff costs like twice as much and looks out of place IMHO.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:57 AM

Alright I know this topic is kinda beat but I just have a few last questions for you guys with stacks.

1) Where do you get the y-pipe? I've already checked berubes but they only carry brand specific pipes (i.e Pete's, KW's, Mack's etc.).

2) Where do you get reducer elbows? Or do they make such a thing?

I want to go: 3" elbow on the down pipe, short piece to the center then 3" --> 4" elbow up through the bed into a y. Finally 4" --> 5" elbow into the stacks. I just need to find the above items to complete it.

Make any sense?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:56 PM

Go to www.airflowonline.com
Old 04-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Banned

that place is way too expensive...

go to www.usatruckpartsonline.com

Quick Reply: stack info