Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

SP Diesel Shutdown Timer Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP Diesel Shutdown Timer Install Question

A few days ago I installed a shutdown timer from SP Diesel on my 1998.5 Ram. Works great, but I have a few questions for those of you who've installed them. First, the adjustment **** seems to be working backwards, in other words, when the **** is at the full clockwise position, the timer goes off, and visa versa. Second, ever since installing the timer, when I turn the key to the back position (usually just turns on the radio), it turns on the power like I'm going to start the engine. The ignition wire I hooked into is blue. Just wondering if I have the wrong wire. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM

Well Sonofabit*h !!!!

Mine does the same thing, turn the key to the accy position and the **** thing turns on everything. I think we may have stabed the wrong wire in the colum. On mine there was two wires to chose from and just about bet a $50 bill on it it's the wrong one. I may check mine Sunday and swap it over to the other wire just to see. I cant remember the color at the moment.

Om the **** being the wrong direction, if I turn mine clockwise the time it will continue to run is less. Counter clockwise is more time.

Dan
Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 PM

What temp do you guys let the EGT's get to before the timer will shut it down?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:21 PM

I will usually shut mine down around 350-400 or so.

It seems there is a huge differance with very little adjustment on the ****.

I havent stood there with a timer but it seems if I turn the **** thing more than say a 1/16 of a turn it runs for at least 5 min and it's supose to be a 0-10min timer.
anyway.

Dan
Old 11-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Be careful...

Originally Posted by zukgod1
Well Sonofabit*h !!!!

Mine does the same thing, turn the key to the accy position and the **** thing turns on everything. I think we may have stabed the wrong wire in the colum. On mine there was two wires to chose from and just about bet a $50 bill on it it's the wrong one. I may check mine Sunday and swap it over to the other wire just to see. I cant remember the color at the moment.

Om the **** being the wrong direction, if I turn mine clockwise the time it will continue to run is less. Counter clockwise is more time.

Dan
If you have the same year as mine (1998), don't hook up to the yellow wire on the column. I tried that one first and it kept cranking the starter when
I turned on the power. I have it hooked up to the blue wire right now. There is also a red wire, but I'm not sure what it does. Please let me know if you find anything out!

As far as EGT's, I don't have a pyro yet, so I have to guess where to set it. Depends on how hot or cold it is outside (I'm in AZ, so it's usually not very cold) and how hard I pushed it the last 1/4 mile or so.

Joel