Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Snow Performance's "Boost Cooler"

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Snow Performance's "Boost Cooler"

Jim Fulmer is running that system... he will chime in here soon I'm sure. His system is working out great from the sounds of it.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:06 AM

Water/Methanol or Water only injection works real good, I built my own setup months ago to knock some temp out of my 1850-1900 degree EGT's and have had good luck with it but I was shooting allot of water to accomplish it, then I switched over to Matt's nozzle setup and I'm now doing the same with half the water. I don't know what your truck is bombed like but with his controller you could shoot a little or allot of water to cool it on those long grades.

Mine is setup to come on at 30 psi and it's only seldom on as I don't have high temps till I'm in full fuel mode(I'm at 433 hp in valet mode) I have a base setup of how much water to shoot but I need to do more data on the dyno and play with water amounts and see what the gains are going from straight fuel to fuel/water to water/meth, Any data that I get will go to Matt...he's good people to work with.

Jim
Old 09-02-2003, 09:38 PM

Is matt From snow performance? I'm a diesel mech.,one of my customers has a 99 pete and can't keep his foot out of the throttle if a 5 gallon cell was used he'd love to hear about this.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:53 PM

Matt Snow....owner of snow performance, it's a sideline job. It depends on how much you use it, heck even with my setup using th windshield washer tank I can make 8 passes at the track.

Jim
Old 09-02-2003, 11:03 PM

So what exactly does this do? and where to you get methanol to fill it with?

Trending Topics

Old 09-03-2003, 08:59 AM

(2) Jim Fulmer -- Larry over on TDR wrote something about how water droplets have different compression characteristics than diesel fuel, and that this system could blow out the head gasket in an engine with stock compression. I didn't understand your answer -- I read you to say that this had happened to your CTD. Can you clarify?

I didn't tell you how much water I was shooting or how much methanol was in it.....too much, and I had made several back to back WO runs. Here is how the motor looked when I pulled the head off, note how clean the pistons were from the water, This was about March time frame.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:59 AM

Yes I shoot (2) 675 ml nozzles, I'm going to try another 375 nozzle also on the dyno(total of 3) as I already have provisions for it and see were the EGT's go and were the power goes.

On a side note, I have a stock 97' 12V 5 Speed truck now i'm tuning on that is making 370/900 with stock DV's, injectors and turbo and he is going to put one of these systems on so that will be a good test as you can imagine were the temps are at, we are going to put a 16cm housing on then the water and see were the power goes to with water then water/meth then we'll report the results.

Jim