Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smoked my first 07 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm reminded of one of the Crane brothers from Frasier
Old 07-03-2007, 01:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's funny, right there!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:45 AM

i have raced a bunch of cars, the new vette was the fastest i have raced. i would stay dead even with him from 60 to 120 when we were playing. this is at 500 rwhp with a regular cab shortbed truck that is lowered 3" in the front and 6"s in the rear. i can see your truck walking from the vette with it set on full kill but not anything less.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
The Guru

So how do you explain the video on the viper kill? I just bought a 300 srt8, my truck is faster in tow mode than the srt8. They chassis dyno at around 340rwhp and rated at 425HP. I'm guessing that I’m around the 500rwhp mark, running these small injectors on 5X5. It was a good kill, it made my day. I've ran with a TT car all the way to 100mph, he saw my bumper to 100 after that I ran out of rpm's. I live in Airdrie. I drive my truck daily and its a work truck. I was driving back from down town to my house. How would anybody driving a corvette in the passing lane let a smokey big diesel 4X4 pass you by? I wouldn't, he had a license plate "suck2Bme". It was a black car with black windows. Maybe Tate knows the guy as he lived on the east side of Airdrie.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Viper Video.... I think thats Olee Poole can Drive and The Viper Couldnt get moving I wouldnt say that truck could do it again, Theres quite a few that can! It's all in fun, It's Like HP Wars, Who cares, Do you Like your Truck? Are you happy with it? Okay then!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by GLHS
You would be wrong though, as the truck won SEVERAL times.
A Z06 wieghs 3190, the 400 hp model is 3290. Add driver and gas and whatever else he had and your over 3500 lbs.
I'm not saying that the truck didn't win. I'm saying the driver of the truck won!!!! Put two equally skilled drivers in each and my money is on the vette.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 PM

nice work.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Hey guys, I just want to share this with everyone. I just smoked a vete from a 50 mph roll. He started out beating me by a 1/2 a car but by the time I got to 100 mph, I was about 1 1/2 car in front of him. I was running in my tow mode. I call tow mode, comp box on 2X2, a set of BD130's and my smarty set to mid catcher mode (no timing). He came back at me several times. I beat him on each pull. I even laid it into him and smoked him out on the last outting. Its was a cool day. First all out vette bash. I wonder if he told his buddy's that he got smoked by a big smokey diesel 4X4 pick-up. I figuring that I down at least 200 to 250 rwhp from normal power levels running in tow mode. Ok, I'm pumped a bit.

Good job dude.
Dont mind the what the wannabe haters have to say.

I have been in enough "roll race" type situations to know that the things you think are fast often are not what they are hyped up to be, and the things you think are not that fast will downright surprise you sometimes!! (that goes both ways)
Old 07-06-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Good job dude.

I have been in enough "roll race" type situations to know that the things you think are fast often are not what they are hyped up to be, and the things you think are not that fast will downright surprise you sometimes!! (that goes both ways)
Amen to that!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Good job dude.

Wannabe haters? Hardly! The only thing I "wannabe" is happily, gainfully employed (working on that.

You are absolutely right about how some cars you think are fast aren't and how some that you'd laugh at would eat your lunch.

Let's just say I have a lot of respect for a Lancer Evo

JH
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
I'm not saying that the truck didn't win. I'm saying the driver of the truck won!!!! Put two equally skilled drivers in each and my money is on the vette.
Yeah, I know what your trying to say.
So at what point would the truck win? 1,000 hp? Never?
You obviously have not been in a 500+ UNCORRECTED HP Cummins. They will do 12s all day long.
Mike; A good point on the SRT 8. So it lost 20% to the ground.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
OX1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HOHN
I'm not trying to take anything away from this, I'm just trying to put it in perspective.
I would think putting it in true perspective would be comparing area under the curve, not peak HP of each. Wouldn't a 500ish HP 5.9 be on the order of triple the vette's torque on the top end, somewhere near 1000 ft-lbs.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM
The Guru

Hey guys, I have to be humble. I was driving up to Grand Praire the other day. A 3rd gen kicked my butt. He boost launched me, I didn't. My comp box wasn't working as the power wire worked its ways off, so it was smarty level 5 to help me out. Its was close but that doesn't count at the light wars. He was 3 truck lenghts at 60 ft, I could of hauled him down abit in a quarter bash but he would have still been ahead. I did smoke more than him, so I do get at boy pat on the back for the smoke show. A big dollar porshe turbo car kick me pretty good down at the windy city. I don't know which type of super car has the whale tail but man it went FAST. A smokey diesel just got smoked that day. His car was at least three time the price of mine.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Hey guys, I have to be humble. I was driving up to Grand Praire the other day. A 3rd gen kicked my butt. He boost launched me, I didn't. My comp box wasn't working as the power wire worked its ways off, so it was smarty level 5 to help me out. Its was close but that doesn't count at the light wars. He was 3 truck lenghts at 60 ft, I could of hauled him down abit in a quarter bash but he would have still been ahead. I did smoke more than him, so I do get at boy pat on the back for the smoke show. A big dollar porshe turbo car kick me pretty good down at the windy city. I don't know which type of super car has the whale tail but man it went FAST. A smokey diesel just got smoked that day. His car was at least three time the price of mine.

was it this one? http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/carrera_gt.asp

if it was i wouldnt feel bad at all, that car is very fast.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:48 PM
OX1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
07 came with an underrated LS2 (400 hp) motor at the very least which I have seen with nothing done to it put down 385rwhp on a dyno.
But is that # average? I'm no chevy guy, but this is what I found

LS2

"The C6's we've seen here typically fall between 340-350 RWP on both sides as an average."

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1112774&page=2

GTO

351.3 RWHP

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198796

LS3??

"Looks like a new 08 mn6 just dynoed 389rwhp/377rwtq SAE."

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...t=79165&page=2

Quick Reply: Smoked my first 07 Corvette