Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty Revo settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Smarty Revo settings

Does anyone know whether the Torque Management settings on the Smarty Revo are relative to the software level you have installed?

For example, does SW#7 with TM3 have more low end than SW#5 with TM3? Ever since I put in my Mach 4s, I've been playing with the adjustable options looking for the best in-town drivability and a combo that works well on the highway with cruise control.

I had tried SW#5 with TM4, but found it was pretty smoky running around town unless you kept the RPMs up. I changed to SW#7 with TM3 and it's much more controllable. I'll keep experimenting with other combinations, just wanted to find out whether the settings were relative to which software level you were using or if they were manipulating the parameters the same way switching levels does.

Finally, does anyone have a clear explanation of the effect of duration on drivability? I've searched on this topic and see varying opinions that short duration is best, long duration is best and stock duration is best. But I don't recall ever seeing anyone actually state the performance difference between the short, long and stock.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only thing I can think of is the the revo settings on max equal SW9 regardless of what software is actually loaded into it. All I think the revo does is allow you to fine tune it. I run mine on 3, but cant remember the actual revo settings as its been a while. TM is maybe around 3. When I turned duration up it caused a lot more smoke. The turbo spooled a bit quicker but not worth the smoke show.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM

Interesting, so that means that there really isn't a need to switch software levels, just alter the Revo settings to find something I like. At least I guess that would be true for #4-#9. Not sure how this factors in when you compare those softwares to #3 since #4-#9 were the Catcher software and #3 was just a timing and fueling level. Never did know the difference between them.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Does anyone else have any feedback on this?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 PM

I have also been interested in this since I installed the REVO a few weeks ago. I don't think I've had enough time to play with it to give an honest answer.

Hope someone else can weigh in.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 AM

been awhile since I have posted. with what I have in my sig, for daily driving I'm usually using
SW 9,TM 6,timing 3,duration 4
for fuel economy empty on the freeway. SW1, TM 4,Timing 4, Duration 0 (default)
you dont want to Tow with a high timing setting. this is important to think about for those that have another box like edge,adrenaline, that will add timing too. as you know you can use the even # SW with the REVO this does not have the timing.
I use a TST PMX 3 this is a fuel only box.
as I have been adding more and more go fast parts to the truck I have slowly
and it doesn't help that www.madselectronics.com
post this and it isn't as clear as you would like but this still is helpful

Smarty S03
Torque Management
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - Mild
# 3
# 4 Moderate
# 5
# 6 - Wild ( aftermarket clutch / AT Transmission recommended )

(this to me in a Auto or a Manual seems to be how hard and fast the Bottom end comes alive)

Injection Timing
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for stock injectors
# 3 - for aftermarket Injectors
# 4 - for fuel economy
(need to dial this in on your own pending your injectors and driving habit)

Injection duration
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - Mild
# 3
# 4
# 5 - Long
(the longer the injection duration seems to produce more smoke and alittle more heat with my set up)

hope this helped some
Old 04-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Thanks DIESELWRKS!

I may have to try to that fuel economy combo. I've been a bit hesitant to kick timing up to 4 just to avoid too much timing. I've been using #3 with TM 2, Timing 3 and default duration since it makes cruise work completely normally. Although I have found it's slightly less efficient than higher setting controlled by foot.

I guess I'll just keep playing with timing and torque management to find something I like since there doesn't seem to be much upside in playing with duration.

EDIT: One more question, can you tell a difference between #9 and #9 with TM on 6? Just trying to figure out whether the settings change above and beyond the software levels.

Trending Topics

Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 PM

not sure what your exactly asking. but if your asking the diff between SW 5 and SW 9, with TM set at 6. well let me say this yes. all though sw 5 and 9 are the same. now the higher the SW# the harder/stronger the power comes. in my set up when i have the higher settings and higher TQ settings my bigger than most turbo spools so much quicker, the truck doesn't seem to fall on its face around 2400rpms I can pull and charge over 3k. when I have the TQ setting at 4 or below my truck is so much slower to get through the rpm's and seems to struggle. but this could also be that I have always ran the high settings. so again this will come down to the drivers choice with what you feel in the seat. question for you. how do you like your SO pump. Im assuming you have had it for some time. I'm at almost 80k on my current HO-vp and I'm thinking of changing pumps to a SO. any issues dong the swap.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 AM

What I was getting at was whether you ever tested running SW#9 with default TM vs SW#9 with TM6. I've been trying to figure out whether the TM settings are relative to each SW level? Or if you max out TM to 6 that any level hits as hard as SW#9?

As for the SO swap, I didn't have any issues. It was a direct swap out when my HO pump died. You do lose a bit on the very bottom, but the Smarty makes up for it. The top end was a night/day difference. I used to run a TST PMax3 with the Smarty. With the HO pump, there wasn't much difference over level 5 other than the amount of heat. After swapping to the SO, it unlocked the potential of the upper levels. I was amazed on my first SO powered run with the TST on 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
What I was getting at was whether you ever tested running SW#9 with default TM vs SW#9 with TM6. I've been trying to figure out whether the TM settings are relative to each SW level? Or if you max out TM to 6 that any level hits as hard as SW#9?

As for the SO swap, I didn't have any issues. It was a direct swap out when my HO pump died. You do lose a bit on the very bottom, but the Smarty makes up for it. The top end was a night/day difference. I used to run a TST PMax3 with the Smarty. With the HO pump, there wasn't much difference over level 5 other than the amount of heat. After swapping to the SO, it unlocked the potential of the upper levels. I was amazed on my first SO powered run with the TST on 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)

Hey sorry i couldn't get back to you I have been having issues with logging in to DTR ever since I started using google chrome on my computer.
I have tried all the SW# using TM6 and TM-default. on TM 5 or 6 is the only one I really use. to me the lower and default just doesn't come on strong enough and seems to run out of juice or hit a wall with the power when Im using the lower TM settings. really the only time I have been using TM on default or up to TM3 is on a fuel economy setting using SW1.
my current HO VP has lasted 80k miles and I know its a tired pump. so when it does crap or here this summer I will be going to a SO pump and will be going back to 35" tires so I should gain alittle more pep and power and i may look at stacking with the TSTpmx3 with a MVP or edge etc type box while using the smarty.