Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

SMARTY revealed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMARTY revealed...

Need more advertising down here in N. Alabama...

Well, I just moved here to Cullman, Alabama. Bad thing is I traded my 01 for an 03. SO now I have a SMARTY that I can't use till Marco finishes the 03-version. (SOON I HOPE!!!!)

I took my new to me truck out to a truck accessories store because the dealer I bought it form threw in diamond plate bed caps and toolbox. SO I get out there, and there are Dodges all over. 5 at the time, and a lot of them in and out...

Well I get to talking to the guy behind the counter, and I am telling him about DTR. He is like, have not heard of it. I told him about the trade and got squared away on that, and then asked if he had heard of the SMARTY.

Nope. was his reply. I said what you drive. Low and behold, an 01...

When you get off? Right now.

We go to his truck, and he has a comp and some huge injectors, that he does not know exactly how big they are because a local shop honed them out for him. We install the SMARTY on #8 and dang did that thing haul some tail. His tranny was slippin though. he had a TC and shift kit. He was like, dang that woke it up. He said that it was a lot more responsive...

I just can't believe the people I meet that have not heard of DTR or some of the mods that are available...

Need some more ads in magazines or something for these things, unless they are doing just fine off of internet sales, or by experiencing what someone else may have, kinda like that situation above..

I will be back in here every now and then. I am already getting bored with the electrical problems I am eading about on the 3rd gens. sniff, sniff
Old 06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
KVD

You tryin ro sale the smarty or just lettin people test it out?

If you're lettin people test it out I got a friend with a 99 5 speed with a ez.I ant got a ctd, yet (workin on that) and my other buddy it gettin rid of his dmax for another ctd.I told them both about this box and who good yal say it is.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:41 AM

So when the 3rd gen program is ready you can just download it into your smarty and use the same unit on your new truck?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:46 AM

BTW I did have a TDR member approach me at the pump a while back. He said he noticed my a-pillar and asked if I had heard of TDR. I told him I browse their forum from time to time and asked if he had heard of DTR. Apparently TDR guys are supposed to spread the gospel cuz he had a little brouchure for me and everthing. Then I pulled the smarty out of the center console just to let him gawk at it- he said he was interested in it already and asked some questions. This was an old man with his old lady with him so I didn't think a test drive was appropriate, but I did give him a display of power a ways down the road
Old 06-09-2006, 07:32 AM

No, I am not trying to sell the SMARTY. I do not have a problem letting people try it out though till I get the new version.

I don't know if it will work on the 98.5-02 or if it is just for the 01. I am a little leary to put it on another year model unless Bob or Marco says it is okay. On the box it says 98.5-02. SO i dunno.

On the update to a newer version... From the PM Bob sent me, it sounded like he would just have to change out the elctronic board inside. he said they were the same size and all, so it would not be a problem. he said he was not sure on the costs involved, but I think it would have to be a minimum one. If there is a large cost, I will just sell this one and then buy another one..
Old 06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
KVD

If you find out if it will work on a 99 give a pm or somethin.I was just like to see what it would do and from what I've seen your the closed person to me and it's still about 60 miles give or take a little.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The smarty works on every 24V from 98.5-02. It's got like 300+ programs built into to cover every year and every emission standard. Mine came from an 02 and it works on my 01. I'll be trying it out on my buddies 99 this week.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:35 PM

WOW, someone from Cullman. Small world. Hey man I would love to try that smarty out. I live at Spring Hill, west of town on 278. Drop me an e-mail or call me 734-4233.