Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty Observations

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats good service. btt
Old 02-26-2006, 04:16 PM

so there is someone up there that had to leave the program in the ECM? poor guy
Old 02-26-2006, 05:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by micah
No kidding!

I was messing around with #9 today. I pitty the fool that takes me on after my tranny rebuild.

I'm gonna get in so much trouble.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
My "bump" feature is gone now? Anyone else notice this? Can you check and post your results?
Have not re-read all of the responses so don't know what has been reported... but my bump feature works same as always!

RJ
Old 02-27-2006, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by micah
I wish the "poor guy" was me
Oh well, I ordered one the next day after testing (so, actually I am a "poor guy" once again).

~Rob
Old 02-27-2006, 08:15 AM

My speedo was off 5 mph due to oversize tires. Smarty lets you adjust the speedo program to the correct size. Simply measure the diameter of the tire and plug it in. Takes all of 1 min. I checked my speed with a GPS and it is dead on now after the first try. Dealer wanted $200 to do this. Amazing.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by jfpointer
I suspect it's a bit more accurate than with an external box. I took a 400 mile road trip yesterday and noticed that the overhead readout more closely matched the miles/tank needle position than was the case with the Quadzilla box.
I thought the overhead console would be more accurate with the Smarty as well. I had the Smarty on fuel saver and the overhead console was reading 33mpg at a 75 mph cruise. My hand calculations still came up to about 15......largely because I can't seem to stay off the power since I got the Smarty. Anyway, the overhead console still lies. BTW, I had my c
Comp turned off.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
There's REALLY only ONE SINGLE improvement that I can think that the Smarty needs. Namely, the implementation of the "half power" and the "fuel saver" programs. What's the point of bumping the timing way up in an effort to save fuel, only to turn around and keep the pedal response so aggressive that's it's almost impossible to drive the truck in a fuel-efficient manner except with the cruise on. I mean, if fuel economy is my BIGGEST priority, wouldn't I be willing to sacrifice some pedal response to get it?
You could always email Marco and see if he can come up with a new program that you could download. I personally like the way the fuel saver program works. It still runs through the gears decent but the top end punch is definitely not there on my truck. The more you push the pedal doesn't really do much, it is kind of mushy after a point. In my opinion, it does what it needs too.....saves me from myself......
Old 02-27-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
I thought the overhead console would be more accurate with the Smarty as well. I had the Smarty on fuel saver and the overhead console was reading 33mpg at a 75 mph cruise. My hand calculations still came up to about 15......largely because I can't seem to stay off the power since I got the Smarty. Anyway, the overhead console still lies. BTW, I had my c
Comp turned off.
I wonder if the fuel saver has something to do with it? I was running SW #9 on mine. It wasn't perfectly accurate, but it was definitely closer than it was with uncorrected 35" tires and the Quadzilla box.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by jfpointer
I wonder if the fuel saver has something to do with it? I was running SW #9 on mine. It wasn't perfectly accurate, but it was definitely closer than it was with uncorrected 35" tires and the Quadzilla box.
I'll have to do a hand calculation on #8 and see. I have adjusted for tire size so you have a point and that should help.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:38 PM

If you adjust the tire size, then go back to stock for any reason the stock tire size is loaded back in again and you will need to redo it.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
If you adjust the tire size, then go back to stock for any reason the stock tire size is loaded back in again and you will need to redo it.
True enough. I let someone try the Smarty on Saturday and didn't reprogram the tire size immediately. I noticed the difference between the speedo and the gps later going down the road.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:42 AM

Hohn, the short run on the fuel pumps after updating with the Smarty are the result of a new update for the ECM. This is nothing for me to be concerned about? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:31 PM

Took a fellow co-worker to lunch with me today.
He drives a KIA (Killed In Action). His KIA has a power button for passing and such. We start going down the road, and I am playing with him. Have not touched it yet, just cruising so it seemed like it did when I had the EZ on it. He says,"You paid $650 for this crap?"

First I look at him like

Then I look straight ahead like

Then put the skinny pedal down. truck surges forward and he is like HOLY Haites...

I come up to a red light, and wait, light turns green and i let him feel the real work of the SMARTY.

Screech, spin, surge and then i let out.

I look over, and he is like .

he says, do they make that for a KIA. I was like NOPE, they don't make good stuff for CRAP like that.

Thanks Bob and Marco.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MKELLY
Hohn, the short run on the fuel pumps after updating with the Smarty are the result of a new update for the ECM. This is nothing for me to be concerned about? Thanks!
No, it's fine. It's part of the latest stock SW to reduce hard starts. You're totally fine.

Quick Reply: Smarty Observations