Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

smarty drag comp stack! holy crap~!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smarty drag comp stack! holy crap~!!!

awesome. even just the smarty rocks. on 8 and then turn on the 5x5 comp!! why did i wait so long to get it!!

torq gard has been eliminated!!! finally
Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Right on!!! Enjoy....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Glad to hear you like it, just a FYI we have dynoed lots of combos on 24v's and the smarty/comp stack dosent seem to make anything more than just a comp alone, dont know why but the smarty it's self on the street is fun to drive dont get me wrong. But have had better luck with the TST/Smarty stack for making the most hp. Not to be negative, just letting you know

Thanks Brett
Old 08-02-2007, 03:09 PM

I havent upgraded my comp yet but I just stacked mine yesterday, man will it run! Im now running mine on sw6 and 2x2 or 2x3, this seems to be the best power without smoke. SW8 and 5x5 is great, I can drive it without smoking its just trying to pull out in traffic is a pain, I can black out cars behind me so bad I decided to turn it down. I got a ricer pretty good last night, about 40 mph in 5th gear.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I think I'm going to stack a TST box with my Smarty.

But I'm gonna have Mark program it a little differently. I want mine setup so that the TST doesn't add any fuel until 20psi or more. Heck, maybe even 30psi.

The idea here is that the Smarty with a big injector is already fueling as much as the engine can possibly handle (hence, the smoke at low boost), so why put the fire out by adding more fuel?

So I think we should wait until the boost is well engaged before adding more fuel.

Justin
Old 08-02-2007, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
I think I'm going to stack a TST box with my Smarty.

But I'm gonna have Mark program it a little differently. I want mine setup so that the TST doesn't add any fuel until 20psi or more. Heck, maybe even 30psi.

The idea here is that the Smarty with a big injector is already fueling as much as the engine can possibly handle (hence, the smoke at low boost), so why put the fire out by adding more fuel?

So I think we should wait until the boost is well engaged before adding more fuel.

Justin

I had mine delayed to 10 psi and hated it. Changed it to 3 psi and it really worked well. In fact, I am selling that TST. But, you may wnt yours setup a bit differently

The nice thing about the TST and other external boxes is they look for some boost before fueling. I am still running the TST with the stock ecm. Works great! With an EZ, it flat rocks.

Dave
Old 08-02-2007, 06:16 PM

Who can make that happen for us, that's a great idea????

Trending Topics

Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U
I had mine delayed to 10 psi and hated it. Changed it to 3 psi and it really worked well. In fact, I am selling that TST. But, you may wnt yours setup a bit differently

The nice thing about the TST and other external boxes is they look for some boost before fueling. I am still running the TST with the stock ecm. Works great! With an EZ, it flat rocks.

Dave
Dave, I don't know if you'd had much stick time with a Smarty/MAD ECM, though I assume you have, given your proximity to the NWB and Bee-Dub hissownself

The Smarty with M4s has tons of off-boost fuel available.

I think I'll have to be careful with how I setup a custom TST program. Ideally, I'd have my turbo selected and installed, and have the TST programmed to come in right where the smoke starts to clear. I suspect that would work well.

Did you get a chance to use your TST with a Smarty/MAD ECM?

Justin
Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U

Dave
Yeah stacked with the Ez is a good combo and has made good numbers on the dyno, but i like it stacked with the smarty for daily driveing with a big single and tight converter, helps it spool
Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 PM

Did you get a chance to use your TST with a Smarty/MAD ECM?

Justin
Yes, for nearly a year. As soon as I wen to bigger sticks and twins, it became a handful.

It was nearly a perfect setup with the M4's and the single.

Dave
Old 08-03-2007, 12:24 PM

That's where I'm headed, so thanks for the confirmation! Maybe I should get my TST setup like yours?

Thanks again.

Justin
Old 08-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by dzlfarmboy
Glad to hear you like it, just a FYI we have dynoed lots of combos on 24v's and the smarty/comp stack dosent seem to make anything more than just a comp alone, dont know why but the smarty it's self on the street is fun to drive dont get me wrong. But have had better luck with the TST/Smarty stack for making the most hp. Not to be negative, just letting you know

Thanks Brett

Are you talking about peak horsepower? Could it be that the smarty/edge comp makes more area under the curve resulting in a more fun truck but no more PEAK horsepower than the comp alone? With my stack I dont feel anything more at about 2800 rpms but man the low end of the power band is night and day with the smarty turned up.
Alex
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM

Yep- more fun to drive, but lower peak hp with the smarty/ drag comp stack. I've heard this from many folks- they love the stack until they dyno
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 PM

That's where I'm headed, so thanks for the confirmation! Maybe I should get my TST setup like yours?

Thanks again.

Justin
It's all about personal preference. The thing I like about the Smarty/ TST or EZ/ TST is the reliability factor.

I have the M4s in right now with the twins. Drives like a dream. Still had some surge issues with the Smarty, buy it was greatly reduced by the smaller injectors.

Still, with the 285's and 3.54 gears, it has to fight the gearing a bit.

I tried 265's and that helped as well.

I really liked the driveability of the EZ/ TST combo. No surge even with the big sticks and it made more seat of the pants power in the upper rpms.

Dave
Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM

man i need to buy one of these smarty deals for sure, uggg, ok ok, twist my arm. then i guess i better get out the wallet for a clutch and bigger turbo too soon.

The only reason i want a smarty is because of the higher rpms before de-fueling. But someone told me i just need to send my edge comp in for a re flash or something to change that. if thats the case then i think that may be better. I only use the truck on weekends it seems like to tow the boat or the cruiser around... input is needed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe.

thanks, jiMMy

Quick Reply: smarty drag comp stack! holy crap~!!!