Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

smarty or comp??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by graphitecumnz
No, it's just the truth.... you can't honestly compare a downloader and a standalone box that taps the pump wire. Smarty has it's highs and lows and the Comp has it's highs and lows, it's up to the purchaser to decide where they want to spend their money. But, they should never be compared. In nearly every respect, the wire tap box should 'win' hands down over a downloader.

I run a Smarty and a TST Competition box... there is no comparison to the way each of those makes power on my truck. The truck is an absolute pleasure to drive with just the Smarty(SW#5) and DD3's... quick spoolup, great power, nimble in traffic... flip the switch on the TST and it's a totally different animal... very aggressive fueling map, plant you in the seat acceleration.

We have seen around a 30 hp gain by adding a Smarty to a TST Competition, Mach 6's, SP66, HRVP44... each truck is different. TST Competition is a fuel only box and should really benefit, as shown on the dyno, by adding in some timing.
Actually, the question was which one? So to answer this question you have to compare the merits of both, as well as the negatives.

You are correct in the description of the two devices. however that was not the original question.

Just having a little fun with ya!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 PM

I woul reccomend the comp I have both and the comps level or 2 is about the same as the smarty on level 9... just my opinion though...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 PM

i ordered the comp..supposed to be here tomm....i juss hope i dont have LP or IP problems as i dont have much money now lol ......