Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty #8+ Drag Comp

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have to run the smarty without timing if you run the comp in EZ mode? How much more HP/Torque will I gain if I add a TST PM3 Comp to my set up?? Is it worth it????
Old 09-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

Yes. Run the smarty on the even settings. Can't tell ya on hp/tq gains.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Yes. Run the smarty on the even settings. Can't tell ya on hp/tq gains.
yup same here, cant tell you since i havent been able to dyno with this setup yet but i can tell you SOP feels alot more than with just the TST/Smarty. i like my setup because the DRAG comp has timing on the upper end. with this setup you get the best of all worlds i believe. hard fueling from the TST, low end fueling from the Smarty, and high end timing from the Comp. works well on my truck and not one bit of grief
Old 09-15-2006, 01:11 PM

Has anyone run the Van Aaken V5 in combinatation with the TST, comp, FMS, smarty, etc?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:59 PM

How can you use the timing from the Smarty and the timing of the Edge Comp in EZ mode??? Something doesn't make sense here!!! I thought you would have too much timing or is that just in the 3rd gens??
Old 09-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You don't use timing from the Smarty with the Comp in EZ mode - it will be too much if you do......as Blue already said, run the Smarty on the even settings and let the Comp do all the timing. There isn't any point using the wire tap for the Comp when the TST is there because it will provide more fuelling without timing than what the Comp can do.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
There isn't any point using the wire tap for the Comp when the TST is there because it will provide more fuelling without timing than what the Comp can do.
exactly. the TST comp box is rated at 180hp on fuel only, no timing. then i can use the timing and a little fuel fromt he DRAG comp and lots of low end fueling from the smarty.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by dzlfarmboy
I tried my friends smarty out last week to see how that combination would work and i dont think It gained any performance, might even of went backwards.
TiminVa is making the most power with a just a drag comp and huge f-1 sticks, he reported a loss with the smarty + drag comp stack on a dynojet. This supports my theory that the smarty and drag comp aren't a good stack. The drag upgrade was designed to compensate for the ecm program, then when you swap out the ecm program, whats the drag programming going to be doing? Asking for more fuel. But when you're running mach 7's how much more do you actually have?

I know nothing and am an expert on nothing- just my two bits from left feild =P
Old 09-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
TiminVa is making the most power with a just a drag comp and huge f-1 sticks, he reported a loss with the smarty + drag comp stack on a dynojet. This supports my theory that the smarty and drag comp aren't a good stack. The drag upgrade was designed to compensate for the ecm program, then when you swap out the ecm program, whats the drag programming going to be doing? Asking for more fuel. But when you're running mach 7's how much more do you actually have?

you do make a very good point, i guess its one of those stacks that works on some trucks and dosent on others. i have heard a few people now state when they stacked the DRAG comp and Smarty that they lost an average of 10hp but gained more than 50 torque. so i guess its all up to what the truck really likes. no 2 are the same
Old 09-15-2006, 05:24 PM

Ahhh... I just thought everyone said the smarty's timing is superior over the comp's... So how much power will I gain if I add the TST to the equation???
Old 09-15-2006, 05:32 PM

Originally I heard that the smarty was supposed to be better at timing, but I have heard that some are having good luck using the comp for timing, the smarty for low end fueling, and the TST or redline for fueling.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:42 PM

just the increased drivability and throttle response and better spoolup of the smarty makes it a great product though
Old 09-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kelownadiesel
just the increased drivability and throttle response and better spoolup of the smarty makes it a great product though
ding ding we have a winner.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty

Well you can never have enough but i was just trying it out while hes on vacation.