Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Sliding Stock fuel plate, semi-specific questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by displacedtexan
Stick or auto? Diesel Manor has Pyro/boost for like $225. Better safe than sorry with an engine
Agreed here

Ill put it this way, u like to play russian roulette with ur engine? then dont do gauges.. We all have em for a reason.. Even the stock plate profile will raise EGTS a bit when pushed forward.. its only natural with more fueling..

Rick
Old 02-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
Agreed here

Ill put it this way, u like to play russian roulette with ur engine? then dont do gauges.. We all have em for a reason.. Even the stock plate profile will raise EGTS a bit when pushed forward.. its only natural with more fueling..

Rick
i knew that they would rise but i didnt know how much..but yeah gauges are the safe way to go
Old 02-13-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
Stick or auto? Diesel Manor has Pyro/boost for like $225. Better safe than sorry with an engine
Very true, gauges are a must. I do love being a diesel mechanic though since I managed to get the pyro gauge from a W900 Kenworth free and the probe was $30 got a boost gauge and lines free too The only thing that worries me is that the leads on the probe are only about 1', but the parts guys said I just have to tie into those with more wire to get to my gauge... I thought that the extra resistance from the additional wire would mess up my readings? I am highly considering mounting the pyro in the center of my dash up by the windshield to minimize the extra wire, possibly even on the passenger side dash and angle it towards me?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 PM

I think you'll be alright, if thats how it was engineered, its made to have another connection thats not resistance free. It may have a maximum efficient wire length, in other words, if the wire is too long, or too thin, it may throw off your reading a little bit. Wire it up anyway you want, your readings won't vary much as long as both wires have the a decent connection.