Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Sliding the fuel plate

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sliding the fuel plate

Right now I have my fuel plate slid all the way forward. I ground the tabs on the fuel plate so that I could slide it even further forward. I have read a lot on here that it does not always mean more horsepower all the way forward and sometimes it can cause you to lose horsepower. My truck is a bit sluggish on the bottom end. I know that I need to adjust the bar that follows the fuel plate but with my setup should I slide the plate back some or is all the way forward the best place for it. I have not had time to get in there and just test it is different locations. Hopefully someone else has some experience with this. Thaks in advance.
Justin
Old 09-11-2003, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Sliding the fuel plate

Basically, from my understanding, sliding a stock fuel plate all the way forward will get you more HP, but the problem with the low end is the shape of the fuel plate. I have also heard that your stock plate should be just aft of all the way forward, but I don't have any empirical data to back that claim up. If you get an aftermarket plate, they are shaped differently to change the fueling schedule. You can take yours out and grind it with a dremel tool to be the shape you want and I think you'll be happier with the lower end power. Then you don't even have to slide the plate forward, if you don't want to. If you don't know how to grind your plate, there are several vendors here who sell aftermarket plates for around $150. Pretty cheap for the horsepower. The only problem is the more aggressive the plate you choose, the more money you will need to spend on a clutch, intake, exhaust, and turbo to combat the increased temps due to increased fueling. I see from your signature block that most of it has already been taken care of. My $.02 would be to shave your plate or get an aftermarket to achieve the results you're looking for.

Hope this helps some.