Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Shovp44

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shovp44

Question for you guys that are familiar with the SHOVP44 sold by Industrial Injection--I installed mine a few weeks ago and have a few hundred miles on it, and I've been wondering all along if it's supposed to make the engine idle rather erratically at times? Usually when I first start the truck it sounds like any other Cummins I've heard (which, by the way, is better than any other diesel out there IMO.) However, after driving a bit the idle gets really erratic, like there's a random miss that jumps around from one cylinder to another. It only does it at idle; other than that it sounds & runs great. I checked with the guy at the shop I bought the IP & FASS from, and he says it's because of all the extra fuel it's getting but I thought I'd run it by you guys and see if it really is anything to be concerned with. It is annoying that it sounds this way now, but hopefully it's nothing more than an annoyance.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Some of the hot rod pumps do this. Mine idles around 900 and when I let rpms drop when engaging the clutch I get a lope. I can get the miss too if I hold around 1200 rpms with no load. I've spoke with II about this and it seems to be normal.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 PM

yeah mine does that too. mine is a scheid pump but same story. something to do with the added fuel and timing. think of it as the way the big block gassers sputter and miss and sound like they are going to die when they are idling...except better.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think all the HRVP44's do it to some degree. It seems to show up worse on the manual transmission trucks. IMO, the responsiveness more then makes up for the "lope".

Paul
Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
I think all the HRVP44's do it to some degree. It seems to show up worse on the manual transmission trucks. IMO, the responsiveness more then makes up for the "lope".

Paul
I must say that while I miss the way my truck used to idle, I agree about the performance more than making up for it...after all it's not meant to sit at idle anyway. Thanks for the responses guys, it will really put me at ease during my trip to Tennessee at the end of the month. Beats having the old dead pedal--last time I went to TN I was following my father; he was in his '99 Ford Super Duty gasser (5.4L V8). He only had some furniture in the back of his truck (he was in the process of moving down there), and I had his lawn tractor in the back of mine plus his 16-foot car hauler w/ car on it in tow, and he said my truck pulled the trailer thru the mountains better than his ever could even with the dead pedal!!! I can't wait to show him how it runs now...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:13 PM

All of them do it some ar just worse than others but its nothing to be concernd about.