Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Sheids VP44 vs PDW VP44

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I talked to Scheids about their HRVP, they said it wasn't going to be terribly streetable, need fuel additive everytank and needed a constand 15 psi of fuel pressure. The guys at II said theirs is just like a nromal pump with some extra kick. Just as streetable, and will survive as long as it has constant fuel pressure. As for power, I can't comment. I had 80 hp nozzles installed at the same time as the pump was installed, but if I have the comp on 1x1, it'll roast the clutch without problem.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:30 PM

Excellent info in the posts!

Sad, yet happy to say, I ended up going with a stock bosch, picked one up locally for around 1130.

Some more searches yielded the Hot rod or "high output" models to be way too unreliable for my liking. Also the fact that all of the ones i found had no warranty, and to be paying $1600+ for something with absolutely no warranty doesnt float in my wallet too well.

Decided if i want the extra power id buy the comp box and have the power on demand vs. all the time.

Thanks for the responses, but dont let the thread die off im sure theres alotta people tossing around the high output IP thoughts... Without stacks of cash laying around it wont be me... for awhile..
Old 02-11-2006, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some observations.

Last summer I installed a II HRVP44 on my ETH. There's more power with it than the stocker, but I don't know how much. About the same power, not using the Comp wire, as when the wire was attached on the stocker. The truck has more power, less smoke, and is better at towing, with the Comp turned off than running the same way with the stock VP44. I am running DD3 injectors, which have been installed for 5 years and 120,000 miles.

Finally hooked up the wire last week. Even more power, but again, I don't know how much. My last best dyno pull was 542 hp with a 1.05 cf using the stocker.

The most supprising thing to me about the HRVP44 is the lack of smoke compared to the stocker, when the Comp is turned off.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:27 PM

...all of the ones i found had no warranty, and to be paying $1600+ for something with absolutely no warranty doesnt float in my wallet too well.
Uhhhh, I hate to break this to you but the Industrial Injection HRVP's come with the same 12 month warranty that the stock reman VP's do.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:22 PM
The Guru

I've heard that some truck make more power with a hot rod pump, some don't. I think its more to do with your combination of bomber parts. A fueling box kinda reduces your power gains with the hot rod pump. A non box truck makes more power with the HR pump. I haven't tried one as no one can make them work for very long. PDR won't even sell me one to see.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:15 PM

Maybe this will help someone.

My truck stock: 235 h.p.
injectors: 150
Blue Chip FMS: 125
II HRVP: ?

With the box off my SBC FE is fine. If you're not familiar with it, it's guaranteed for 550 horse and 1100 ft.-lbs. If I turn the box on kill it will smoke the clutch.

You can do the math for yourself and decide if the HRVP actually puts out 70 to 100 horse.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:39 PM

Just curious if anyone knows if these pumps ( I.I. & Schieds) hrvp's are also running the new Fedex electronics like BlueChip runs in there pumps.Thanks Mark.....
Old 02-11-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by torqueman
Just curious if anyone knows if these pumps ( I.I. & Schieds) hrvp's are also running the new Fedex electronics like BlueChip runs in there pumps.Thanks Mark.....
I can't say for Scheids, but II is. I honestly didn't see why the Bluechip pumps were so much when they were rebuilt the same as an II pump, sans the extra power. Warranties are the same between them, as they both WON'T warranty if the wire has been tapped, or atleast that is what they told me when I was looking for a pump.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I believe all will warantee the mechanical parts of the pump if tapped, but the electronics are only covered if undisturbed.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:52 AM

I have a Scheid's HRVP, it's got great street manners. Starts easy, runs fine when ya want it to. Only thing it does different than the stocker is it gets up and gets going right now. Much better throttle responce on the bottom end. It has a lope at idle if you run it hard with big injectors but that's the only downside that I can see. Maybe a little touchy on the cruise too. Getting ready to put a Smarty on it so it should be real fun to drive now.

DB
Old 02-12-2006, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by IAM.CA
I can't say for Scheids, but II is. I honestly didn't see why the Bluechip pumps were so much when they were rebuilt the same as an II pump, sans the extra power. Warranties are the same between them, as they both WON'T warranty if the wire has been tapped, or atleast that is what they told me when I was looking for a pump.
I beleive blue chip warrenties the wire tap if ya have an extra grand to use for their core charge and you have to buy their pump cover. Call them to confirm- just something I've seen posted.