Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

scotty or vulcan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scotty or vulcan?

Ok guys, I need some advice please. I did a search and did not find a direct comparsion between these two. Which in your opinion is better scotty fuel system or the vulcan? My truck is in sig. I will prolly be adding injectors down the road, nothing to wild though only as big as my hx35 will allow. I would really like to keep my vp-44 happy. As of now it idles at 12-14 psi, but I can pull it down to 1-3psi at WOT. So I am going to get one of these kits with a new LP. Thanks guys, Bret
Old 05-14-2006, 04:27 AM

My vote is for the Scotty System. I have a stock in tank LP and with the banjo bolt set up, I could easily light my low FP light. Now, I can get in it as hard as I want, and stay in it as long as I want, and I cannot light the light (doesn't drop below 5 psi).
Old 05-14-2006, 05:07 AM

I used the Vucan. Outstanding quality and service from Eric at Vulcan.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both kits are great and both guys took time to talk with me about customizing teh kits for what I wanted. Scotty uses push lock fitting and Eric uses hose barbs.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:47 PM

I'm a big fan of Aeroquip lines and fittings, so Scotty gets the nod, both systems have quite a following so I'm sure you'll be happy either way. Good Luck
Old 05-14-2006, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter
I used the Vucan. Outstanding quality and service from Eric at Vulcan.
Ditto. I have the Vulcan big line kit and relocation, but I'm using a Holley blue pump to feed the VP. I've had the kit for a while and it's still working like a charm.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:35 PM

I used the vulcan with the 1/2 inch lines .Phenominal kit and no regrets.Got 13 idle and 9 wot
Old 05-14-2006, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by srt20
Ok guys, I need some advice please. I did a search and did not find a direct comparsion between these two. Which in your opinion is better scotty fuel system or the vulcan? My truck is in sig. I will prolly be adding injectors down the road, nothing to wild though only as big as my hx35 will allow. I would really like to keep my vp-44 happy. As of now it idles at 12-14 psi, but I can pull it down to 1-3psi at WOT. So I am going to get one of these kits with a new LP. Thanks guys, Bret
For that $$$ you should just get the FASS it comes with the big fuel hose kit!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:41 PM

Both kits remove the restriction of the banjo bolts and use bigger lines. Scotty's comes with the needle valve for the FP guage, Vulcan's relocates the pump for easier access. Like Scotty says: Both are good
Old 05-14-2006, 10:57 PM

Fuel Systems

Why not a FASS?

Jack
Old 05-14-2006, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by INJECTOR JACK
Why not a FASS?

Jack
Cuz for a little more than that you can have a Rasp

Actually if you look at the Vulcanperformance page he sells FassII pumps too.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by INJECTOR JACK
Why not a FASS?

Jack
I think the question was about fuel lines, was it not?

I've got the Vulcan kit and recently helped a friend install his Vulcan kit ... he sees 19psi at idle on a stock pump ... awesome!

Both kits, I'm sure, are equally beneficial, so it's up to you what you want to spend.

Good luck!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:47 PM

thanks to all for the replies! I dont want to spend that much for a FASS because I wont be going big with the bombs. And according to other posts unless you go big, you really dont need a FASS.

Looks like they are both priced about the same, so I guess I will call them and see what both guys have to say and make my choice from there. As it seems whatever people have choosen, they are very happy with either!

Again thanks much everyone! Bret
Old 05-15-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by piperca
I think the question was about fuel lines, was it not?

I've got the Vulcan kit and recently helped a friend install his Vulcan kit ... he sees 19psi at idle on a stock pump ... awesome!

Both kits, I'm sure, are equally beneficial, so it's up to you what you want to spend.

Good luck!
SRT20 says he wants a big line kit to go with his new lift pump! I think he should just buy a FASS II, just the FASS pump it comes with a big line kit. It will cost close to the same as a new stock lift pump and big line kit. He will have a better system than stock!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:58 AM

Just FYI, Eric at Vulcan includes an extra pair of 3/8 NPT to -8 fittings in the kit too, so you can run any aftermarket pump with the kit instead of having to buy another OEM lift pump.

I used a Holley Blue pump with my Vulcan kit. The Holley Blue is $106 from Summit and the Vulcan kit is $130, for a total of about 240 dollars.

Quick Reply: scotty or vulcan?