Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Scotty Smart Fuel Line Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my truck is the one on scottys website for the install photos and with my new lift pump on here since the first tests that we did im now idling at 17psi
Old 02-24-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by upersleder
i guess i just prematurely ordered a banjo fitting kit from geno's, what differences should i see between the stock banjos/new banjos/scottys kit? i also have just ordered my gages, so i have no real reference to go one, but i think i could do the gage hookup then try it and do the banjos, or send them back and get scottys kit if there is a large advantage to doing so.
Scotty's kit *completely* eliminates banjo fittings from the fuel supply line. That being said - it is a series of AN fittings, -8 & -6 hose, and associated adapters that reconfigures the supply side of the VP44.. Smallest ID from the tank line to the VP44 is 3/8" - a HUGE difference from the 1/8" bottlenecks in every stock banjo fitting.. I can't believe there is any flow through the stock lines..

He includes enough hose so you can route your supply line as you see fit...
Old 02-24-2005, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by AggiePhil
Wicked,

Let's see some photos please.
Phil -

Of my ruined sweatshirt..?? My grin..?? OH - the lines..??!!

I can probably get a few tonight...
Old 02-24-2005, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by seabee
my truck is the one on scottys website for the install photos and with my new lift pump on here since the first tests that we did im now idling at 17psi
lucky bastage!!

I was surprised at how quickly it went together - I think I was done in 2 hours..???? Probably could have had it done quicker than that had the lift pump output connection went together a little quicker..
Old 02-24-2005, 03:13 PM

wicked6

It was seabee's truck but I did all the work...he stood around and watched .. When I cut the line off the steel line from the tank..for some reason it didnt even drip. Maybe it was because the fuel tank was low.
Sorry I left that part out of the instructions...

Rick
Old 03-01-2005, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by rharveysr
wicked6

It was seabee's truck but I did all the work...he stood around and watched .. When I cut the line off the steel line from the tank..for some reason it didnt even drip. Maybe it was because the fuel tank was low.
Sorry I left that part out of the instructions...

Rick
Good help is hard to find these days, eh..? Seabee oughta buy a few rounds!!!

I don't know what was going on with the siphoning action.. I just know I filled an empty 2-lb Folger's can before it all "clicked" that I had better do something quick.. Lesson learned.?

AggiePhil - I will get those photos before too long.. For now - check out the install photos on Seabee's truck!! (from Scotty's website..)