Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Scotty Smart Fuel Line Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Leave my neck out of this...oh ummm, I already did.

That rope around the ball is what we use for semi truck pulls and for seated arm over arm pulls of Rams. 60 ft for fastest time.

Blygy, the 3rd gen kits does not go to the tank either. It picks up similar to the 2nd gen kit.

Some of us guys can put a sentence together more then once.

Don M goes by the name of PN...Pencil Neck. for obvious reasons.

Got my injectors done yet Don or too busy on here?
Old 02-14-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My bad.. oh well.. Still tryin to scrape to gether the pennies for the system...

Blygy
Old 02-15-2005, 10:28 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blygy

Check out the Chapter events.. Dyno day in Calgary on Feb 19. I didn't set this one up , just got invited as the Dieselplace.com Dmax boys had some spots to fill on their dyno..
Old 02-15-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Scotty, the pic of the two of us when you visited is awaiting approval in my Gallery.

Gee, I wonder which one of us does strongman and which one works a desk job?

JLH
Old 02-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by HOHN
Scotty, the pic of the two of us when you visited is awaiting approval in my Gallery.

Gee, I wonder which one of us does strongman and which one works a desk job?

JLH
One thing for sure, you can vacuum better then me. And your wife too if I recall correctly.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:42 PM

dang it.. I'm working this weekend.. oh well next time..

Blygy
Old 02-15-2005, 07:43 PM

smart fuel

I must admit that Im a skeptical person but I decided to give Scottys smart fuel system a try. With a EZ and 100hp EDMS I could pull my fuel pressure down to 2-3 psi. I installed the smart fuel and an Edge Comp the same day (wire tapped of course) and to my surprise I cant get the fuel pressure to drop below 10psi. and believe me Ive tried. WOW!!! Also the lift pump has been in place for 1 1/2 years. This weekend Ill be installing a HTB2 to get the EGTs back in line.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:41 PM

maxflow kit

Hi, I'm new here so be patient. I see some are using Scotty's Smart fuel system and others are using Maxflow kit. I've found Scotty's site, but not Maxflow's. Could someone point me in the right direction so I can get information on this Maxflow system? And buy the way, I've seen scotty's picture, I don't want him mad at me!

Thanks, Gary
Old 02-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maxflow was sold by Wildcat Diesel, which has since gone out of business.

Scotty designed the Maxflow when he was with Wildcat,
has since renamed it the Scotty Smart Fuel Line Kit, and sells it from his own site.

Confusion averted.

Oh, I've met Scotty in person, and no, you don't want him mad at ya.

phox
Old 02-16-2005, 07:13 PM

Maxflow

Thank you for clearing up my confusion over Maxflow and Scotty Smart Fuel Line kit.

Gary
Old 02-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by phox_mulder
Oh, I've met Scotty in person, and no, you don't want him mad at ya.

phox
And never, never, never get between Scotty and a Steak & Cheese sandwich.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Thumbs up Re: Maxflow

Originally posted by MadDog01
Thank you for clearing up my confusion over Maxflow and Scotty Smart Fuel Line kit.

Gary
For what it's worth, I installed Scotty's fuel line upgrade this past weekend.. (I also installed my Edge Comp, but am having some "issue" with it I am troubleshooting..) I am a *very* happy Scotty's customer..

First things first - Scotty's directions / photos are awesome..! The only warning he left out was the tendency of the supply line (from the tank) to siphon.. and siphon.. and siphon... when you drop the stock line to install the -6 AN hose.. I thought it was gonna stop, but it never did!!! I only wasted about 1 gallon.. ..and a sweatshirt.. The only other difficulty I had was trying to "one hand" the 90 deg. AN elbow onto the lift pump output fitting.. Besides being a nearly blind operation - there is an electrical harness that was interfering with the elbow.. I managed to get both hands back there & it helped out quite a bit.. (not easy - I have big mitts..) A set of shorty wrenches would have also been a nice to have, as tightening the lift pump fittings was not easy with regular ones..!! (note to self: tool shopping time...)

Once it was installed, I was in awe - wondering why Cummins didn't build it like that in the first place.. It is a work of art.. friggin beautiful.. I am a sucker for hydraulic / AN fittings where there wasn't any before.. ..and clean TIG welds... and BIG ti*ties... uhh.. I am digressing here....

Fuel pressure is good - post filter pressure drops to 5 psi from time to time, but is rock steady.. Otherwise, it cruises around with 15+.. I need to install my 30 psi gauge still.. The fuel line upgrade will pay dividends in future upgrades.....

If you have the knowledge + access to all the trick fittings / hose, you can probably cobble a kit together on your own - but for the ~$160 USD, it was worth every penny, IMHO.. On top of that, I am a pretty big proponent for vendor support..! It fuels development of future goodies for our hobby.. Scotty is also a very responsive - and very accomodating vendor.. Kudos!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 12:59 PM

Wicked,

Let's see some photos please.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 PM

i guess i just prematurely ordered a banjo fitting kit from geno's, what differences should i see between the stock banjos/new banjos/scottys kit? i also have just ordered my gages, so i have no real reference to go one, but i think i could do the gage hookup then try it and do the banjos, or send them back and get scottys kit if there is a large advantage to doing so.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:46 PM

I had the banjo kit from Geno's before I put the Scotty Kit on and really couldn't tell any difference in pressure with them. But once I put the Scotty Kit on, the difference is pretty substantial. Mark

Quick Reply: Scotty Smart Fuel Line Kit