Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Scotty is the MAN...GREAT Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Scotty
Scotty

Edit: Online store carries the fuel kits and air intakes.
Does it also carry the gauge pod? I can't seem to locate an item with that description in it.

brnadon.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:59 AM

You mean the old Rod's Pod?? Call Scotty Direct on that one if the DTR store doesn't have one.

We just put one in my buddy's truck a few weeks ago...shortly after, his LP died

Chris
Old 08-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yup, I got the Scotty Dodge Pod (was called Rod's Pod) direct from Scotty.....I put my air bag gauge and controls and various switches in it - works great and is a slick way to clean up the interior.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by ramtd02
What is the Flow of the Scotty 2 vs. Stage 2 AFE intake??
I am not familiar with the stage 2 from afe.

The results of the Scotty 2 are what I feel are most important out there in the real world of driving down the road.
It reduces harmful exhaust gas temps better then any other intake and folks that have tried all the others and where a bit skeptical have told me this.
The latest report from folks is they are seeing anywhere from 1-2 mpg improvement over the stock box. People on this site and others are reporting this.

Scotty
Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by ramtd02
What is the Flow of the Scotty 2 vs. Stage 2 AFE intake??
Why does it really matter?? AFE is giving you numbers that can be easily skewed depending on which variable they use.

Scotty, and a lot of users on this site, are saying that his system works the best of all the ones he (we) have tried. I know that a friend of mine with less fuel couldn't stay in the peddle as long as I could because of EGT's, then he bought a Scotty and was keeping up with me again.

It actually does work the best, I can tell a difference even when I uncover the cowl hole to really let it breathe.

FWIW,
Chris
Old 08-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Banned

thanks scotty and larry for checking and tracking the package. i'll keep waiting and hope it shows up soon. i just can't believe customs is like that over a few fittings and some hose.

what is the world coming to?

p.s. : scotty i might be contacting you soon to go with the scotty II. after a few weeks in the oil field and some wheeling this week the stage I is getting just too dirty even with the outers.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by signature600
Why does it really matter?? AFE is giving you numbers that can be easily skewed depending on which variable they use.

Well, that is certainly true enough. When it comes to numbers and stats - "milage may vary". Im not knocking Scotty a bit, just am mostly curious. I know in the end which one I will buy
Old 08-23-2005, 05:04 PM

You guys make a heck of a sales team, Orderd a Scotty 2 from the DTR performance shop yesterday and yes I plan on cutting the 4.5 " COoOoOol Air Hole. I'm chopping at the bit. What's the average delivery time days, weeks . and were's the best place to purchase a 4.5 " hole saw. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by MKELLY
You guys make a heck of a sales team, Orderd a Scotty 2 from the DTR performance shop yesterday and yes I plan on cutting the 4.5 " COoOoOol Air Hole. I'm chopping at the bit. What's the average delivery time days, weeks . and were's the best place to purchase a 4.5 " hole saw. Thanks.
Thanks for the kind words Mike. I hand carried your Scotty II to the UPS depot last night, you should have it in hand tomorrow
Old 08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by kipo
thanks scotty and larry for checking and tracking the package. i'll keep waiting and hope it shows up soon. i just can't believe customs is like that over a few fittings and some hose.

what is the world coming to?

p.s. : scotty i might be contacting you soon to go with the scotty II. after a few weeks in the oil field and some wheeling this week the stage I is getting just too dirty even with the outers.
Kip I am really sorry this happened to you, it doesn't happen often but when it does it is extremely aggravating to say the least You have been more than patient with me, a true gentleman in every sense of the word and because of that I will knock an additional 10% off that Scotty II for you when you are ready.

I know that won't get that fuel system in your hand any sooner, but it is our way of saying thanks for hanging in there
Old 08-23-2005, 05:29 PM

Mr Ellis.
Thank you for the quick reply and the great news . Your Customer Service is No.1.
I'm wondering if you folks will be coming out with a program to wean Diesel Junkies off this stuff, I've got it bad Thanks Again!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:42 PM

Why in the heck would they do that...then they'll loose all their "customers!"

Chris
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by MKELLY
You will like it...... I am glad that this post sold one or more for these guys, they are way cool and know there stuff. Going for a fuel plate this winter......Any Ideas from you all?????
Old 08-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Canada Post called me today. They said that it takes 45 days from the delivery date to pay out the insurance but they will refund all shipping costs on this one now.

I am out of town for a week with a World Strongman Cup that I am promoting, when I get back, if its still not there, I will go ahead and ship a new one. Just let Lary my twin of the south know if you get it. Canada Post said they will notify me of the delivery...if it happens. I have my doubts.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. Greatly appreciated.

Scotty
Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
You'd figure that guy in the Border Customs office with the Cummins-Dodge would have all the diesel speed parts he needs by now,......?

Quick Reply: Scotty is the MAN...GREAT Customer Service