Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Scotty II vs BHAF

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COOOooool!!

My AFE is a little beat up from my rough handling, and that previous owner ripping it out and throwing it on a pile of junk when he was installing his twins couldn't have helped much!!

But Brandon (joefarmer) will remain nameless to protect MY identity

HeHe,
Chris
Old 09-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Just to clarify a few things...

The UNI custom made filter that fits the Ram Air 3 is giving 40-50 F better egt reduction then with the afe on the same truck.

A Scotty II gives more egt reduction then anything else out there...the more power you add, the better it works until you reach your turbos efficiency limits.

Stock trucks see very little difference. [50F over stock] I often suggest a BHAF until they are at or near the 350 rear wheel horsepower level. Some folks insist on having the Scotty Air II.

Hohn, we got the UNI for you.

Scotty
Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies, it sounds like I wont gain much with the mods I have now, unless the bomb bug gets a little deeper into my wallet. I am headed out of town this afternoon with a full load of horses and mules and a several white boxes full of adult beverages. Will monitor the heat thing again and see how we do.

Scotty, it is very apparent you guys have done your homework and I appreciate the honesty on selling parts based on the amount of bombing and the real need for the parts.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:23 PM

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally posted by Push Rod
Katoom,

Thus far, the only people that we're aware of who weren't happy with the Scotty II system were those running very little extra fuel. If your truck is 300 HP or lower, an aftermarket air system of ANY breed won't help with EGT reduction as the stock system flows plenty of air for it.
Interesting Rod. I dont doubt the ability of the Scotty but all I'm saying is I'm glad with what I got. Everything is clean and I dont have an EGT problem (yet). Maybe someday I may need something else. Maybe someday there might be something better than whats available today. As for what you said about the test comparisons, I cant say positively but I thought it was from a wide variety of trucks. Hey no matter, I dont really care but I do hate to read guys post things like THE aFe SUCKS. (That was a general statement) Thats just bad info on their part. Why be partison, just tell the facts like you do Rod.