Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Scotty II Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by red70ragtop
Scotty's web site said he was on vacation for June. I'm not upset about it or anything, I'm actually anxious to get it installed. I'll try cleaning everything off for the cone issue, and try to get the reinforcement ring issue straightened out whenever I can get in touch with Scotty. I'm sure it's gonna be great, that's why I bought it. Sometimes mistakes happen.
I think you've got the right reinforcing tube for what you need, you just don't clamp your tube onto it. You have to go over it and over the lower part of the UNI filter and clamp it over both. This is a tight fit but is the reason the reinforcing tube is smaller......to fit into the Uni. Just clamp your turbo inlet tube over top of both the Uni and the tube and you're good to go.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation End Cap Fittment

For the fittment of the end cone cover....

The problem is excess oil and also some pressure from the outer foam element.

After you clean up the end of the filter, push the foam back slightly.. Then using some emery cloth or sand paper, rough up the inside edge of the end cone cap. Once you rough up the end cone cap and make sure the rubber end of the filter is clean, the cap will stay in place better. You should NOT RUN THE FILTER WITHOUT THE END CAP.. This aligns the filter in the housing for proper fit.

I had the same problem with the end cap.

AS for the the ring for the filter, If you have some excess 4" PVC sewer pipe, get your hack saw and cut off about 2" worth. Sand off the corners and install into the end of the filter before putting the hose on.

I hope this helps..
Old 06-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Taz

I got the cone placed where I wanted it to be and used small scrws to secure it in place to the outer housing. When claning the filter it slides nicley into place. This is with an UNI filter.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Taz

Sorry Typing sux!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oily Turbos

Originally Posted by caper
Thanks for such quick replys, is that red foam the filter or a pre filter /?? Does the oil get sucked into the turbo like my POS k@n did.
I have a couple pics of my turbo with the hose off. Notice the oily surfaces.

Since the truck was brand new, I have been running stock filters (DRY, NO OIL). When I pulled it all off to install the S & B, I couldn't believe how oily it was! I've heard guys rant about the oiled (K&N) air filters and how crappy they are and how they oil up the turbos.

I'm thinking it may have less to do with the filters than people think.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by y2kram
I have a couple pics of my turbo with the hose off. Notice the oily surfaces.

Since the truck was brand new, I have been running stock filters (DRY, NO OIL). When I pulled it all off to install the S & B, I couldn't believe how oily it was! I've heard guys rant about the oiled (K&N) air filters and how crappy they are and how they oil up the turbos.

I'm thinking it may have less to do with the filters than people think.
Y2kRam I looked at your pictures, that was some nasty problem. I just removed my silencer ring after running a K&N oiled drop in filter for over a 100,000 miles and my turbo and silencer ring were clean by and large. I wonder whats causing that nasty funk ? Maybe your filters are not sealing good.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
The foam is the pre-filter, the inner is a pleated gauze filter.
I haven't had any oily turbo problems from the never UNI filter.

The hole (If you decide to drill it) is located where the filter housing touches the airbox/firewall area.
I haven't drilled the hole yet and I saw approx 50* drop in EGT.

Just do it.