Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Scheid or Industrial Injection VP44?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scheid or Industrial Injection VP44?

hey people i am buying a new VP44 very soon and want to know which would be better the scheid pump or the industrial injection version and anybody with firsthand dealings wityh each i mean dyno numbers sotp feel, use of biggetr fueling boxes, etc. any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:40 AM

I'm interested in the Hot Rod vp44 also, so I'll send this back to the top for ya.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:00 AM

You can call Scheids, but mine came from Industrial Injection. I think they do the majority of them.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:45 PM

Well I use Industrial Injections pumps and have one on my truck. Yes they do make a difference. I ran the dyno Oct 22nd and did a stock VP swap with a HRVP then ran again. Before I tell you my results let me say that I am way over fueled for my stock turbo. So please keep that in mind when looking at the numbers.......I could lie about them but what is the point.
01 ETH stock VP truck with comp box off was:352hp and 774fpt
01 ETH stock VP truck with comp box on 5x5 was:407hp and 993fpt

Did a Vp swap in the parking lot so results were done same day.

01 ETH stock HRVP truck with comp box off was: 389hp and 856fpt
01 ETH stock HRVP truck with comp box on 5x5 was: 427hp and 1092fpt

Now once I upgade my turbo situtation I should have some better numbers. For a ETH truck the running out of fuel with larger injectors is not an issue any more with the HRVP, had I had smaller injectors or even a bigger turbo the difference would have been greater than the results you see here. If you look at the box on run with the HRVP it shows a hp gain of 20, verses the 37 difference with box off, that just shows the limits of the little turbo hitting 1400* with the EGT's and boost pressure at "hot" 50 psi. But all in all the HRVP is what it is, a very nice VP44, but it is still a VP44 and prone to die also. So far I have been happy with mine.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:25 PM

whats the price look like
Old 10-31-2005, 01:58 PM

http://kydtr.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=5397

I've never heard anything bad about either company. I'd personally go with Scheid due to their pulling experience, but everybody has good things to say about II, too.

Chris
Old 10-31-2005, 02:01 PM

Thanks Spicy for the comparisons. Is there anybody who has a bigger turbo that could post there results with and without a HRVP44? Pretty please.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Banned

We have the II pump on both are daily driver truck and our Sled Pulling Truck and are very happy with them. The daily driver has an experimental HTT on it and the sled puller has twins. We don't have any before and after dyno results but when the pumps were installed you could feel a difference in the power.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Registered

man, i wish i woulda known about these hot rod pumps before i put a reman back in mine
Old 10-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Muted User

Thumbs up

We put Industrial Injections HRVP-44 on and according to the dyno numbers we gained 84 hp with the pump. Also we had an HX-40 on the truck and dynoed 489Hp, we changed the turbo to a Super Phat Shaft 66, also from Industrial Injection, and we made 606. but we put 70 hp bigger injectors in and the pump and we went from 452hp to 606hp. Just my 2 cents.

Cody
Old 10-31-2005, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been running the II HRVP44 for 2 months, and 3000 miles, with the wire untapped, but don't have hard dyno numbers to share. The pump sat on a shelf in my garage for 4 months while I debated whether to install it, or not.

Seat of the pants says there's a power increase. I can't tell how much, but it is there, for sure. Running with the Comp on 5x5 doesn't seem to be quite as strong now as it was with the "tapped wire" stock pump. Performance is good enough that I'm considering not touching the wire in the future. II won't warranty the HrVP44 if the wire is tapped.

Have towed with it twice at 14,000 GCVW though out the northern Utah mountains. EGTs aren't any different, as far as I can tell. I've never had EGT issues.

Fuel milage is down a mile or two. The jury is still out on this, though.

For some reason, smoke is down with the Comp box off, or on, no matter which setting used. This is surprising to me considering the loss of fuel milage and increase in power, and I have no idea what smoke would be like with a tapped wire. Smoke is easier to control, now, than with the stock VP44.

Idle speed is about 150 rpm higher.

There is a slight stumble at 12 to 1500 rpm at very, very light throttle. The stumble is simular to a over cammed/carburated gasser in the same throttle/rpm conditions. I like it, but can understand why some people may not.

Engine sound is different. Not quite as loud as before. There's less of the 24v knock noise and it sounds more like a 12v, but you can still tell it's a 24v. I've always like the sound of the 12v engine better than the 24v, so this is nice. Exhaust noise is the same as before.

Truck is an '01 ETH w/Drag Comp, DD3's, HTB2, Snow Stage 3 water/methe using windhield washer fluid, 30 hp shot of propane, Jardine 4" exhaust system with 2 mufflers, and unmodified stock air box with rubber boot removed. Dynoed at 542 hp with a 1.05 correction factor, last March. I'm not a horse power junky, and haven't decided whether using the HRVP44 was a good move for me. My truck ran better before the HRVP44 install than I'd had ever hpoed for when it was purchased, new. But I can recommend the II HRVP44 to anyone who is into increasing horse power on an ETH.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:42 AM

Slightly off-topic question, but I've heard that ETH pumps only work with ETH ECM's, and ETC pumps only work with ETC ECM's. What do the hot rod pumps work with - can they be built for either electronics setup?
Chris
Old 11-01-2005, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by GO 4LO
Slightly off-topic question, but I've heard that ETH pumps only work with ETH ECM's, and ETC pumps only work with ETC ECM's. What do the hot rod pumps work with - can they be built for either electronics setup?
Chris
Yes it works in both trucks, ETH and ETC with no ECM change. Just bolt it in. Later Jim.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:51 AM

i have had a schied pump i really liked it. at the schied show a bone stock ran with a stock vp and then they switched it with a hot rod pump it was 104 more horse i think the more you have done to your truck the less it would do.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by jermey1980
i have had a schied pump i really liked it. at the schied show a bone stock ran with a stock vp and then they switched it with a hot rod pump it was 104 more horse i think the more you have done to your truck the less it would do.
It is not the more you have done to your truck, but the fact is if do you have enough air to support the extra fuel you added. Just fuel alone is not going to do, I do like being able to smoke worse than a train, but behind my smile I see a lot of power being wasted out the pipe. I mean a lot..........