Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

RV275s

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RV275s

Well they help much without a fueling box, I found some for cheap, and I can't afford the box yet. Got my eyes set on PM3 comp. Would pick up the 275s just to add a little until funds allow for the box.
Thanks Heath
Old 08-18-2003, 09:40 PM

Re:RV275s

I just put a set in my dads 2000 2500 5speed saturday i noticed a slight increase in power. The throttle responce inproved as well. I think he will see more when he pulls something.
Hope this helps ;D
Old 08-19-2003, 08:40 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I just put some in a couple weeks ago and took my ez off to get a baseline without it. The power doesn't seem to be quite as much as just an ez but it is a nice little boost. Better throttle response across the board and defintely better than stock. I did notice more smoke for sure. Not a freight train mind you but more for sure. I have since added the ez back after a few tanks of fuel and I am very happy with the combo. I don't race or drive like a madman and for me personally it is just the right amount of power. They really make the ez perform better. I can't hardly believe how much better it pulls. I would say that if you are just looking for a little more hp like myself than the 275's will work well but if you are wanting big power I would save the money and hold out for II's, III's or larger.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:58 PM

You will notice a bit thats for sure. If you had an HO you would really feel it since HO's have smaller injectors. I would go for it. I put mine in after a TST PM3, and BIG difference. by the way, I can slip the clutch at will on settings 7 8 or 9. So those hogged out aftermarket injectors are a waste unless you are going to put in an aftermarket clutch. Plus, (and this will start an agrument no doubt) I dont approve of the way these companies are enlarging injectors with the extrude hone method. This rounds out the edges of the holes which has an adverse effect on atomization. If you insist on huge injectors, wire EDM is the way to go. just my $.02.

Put the 275's in, you will be happy for at least a while.

Zino

Zino
Old 08-19-2003, 11:42 PM
LE

Zino you are absolutely correct about the EDM process. I had access to a machine where I used to work. Extrude honed injectors are NOT balanced (exactly the same) due to the process with which they are made. If each injector was measured on an MMC, or some other accurate measuring device the quality could be judged and alike parts grouped together. The variance could be an issue over time. I would say you are dead on! LE