Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Running boards

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running boards

I'm looking at getting some running boards for my 03 dually. So far I like the looks of the Dee Zee FX black extruded boards. Anyone have these or recommend other brands?
Old 12-27-2002, 11:34 AM

Re:Running boards

I have the FX bright diamond plate version on mine, and had them on my '01 as well. Both of mine were single rw but I only got the cab part anyway. I like them because they don't stick down very much so they don't look too low. If you are looking for a really good step down they may not be the best. Mounting is pretty straight forward, but the front plastic mudflap took some trimming to fit. They feel solid to me and are decent priced. <br><br>Also - my uncle has the black ones and I see where you step in has worn the black off so you see the aluminum underneath. His is used on the farm and gets lots of in/outs with muddy boots so is probably an extreme case.<br><br>Mathew
Old 12-28-2002, 07:20 AM

I have the Deflectashield boards on mine and although I like the look they were a real PITA to put on. The directions suck and I ended up just winging it for the most part. Be prepared to drill a bunch of holes in your baby in order to install them. You will have to order 2 sets for your dually. The fronts and the rears. The rears will probably have to be special ordered but the fronts should be readily available. I got them from Summit Racing and I had to call my order in because the website and catalog don't show the listings for these trucks. Mine are the Diamond Brite versions and if you want, I can get you the part numbers. I think I paid around $300.00 for both sets total...
Old 12-28-2002, 01:38 PM

I got my dealer to give me a good deal on MOPAR. They fit like a glove, are molded, instructions and installation were no problem.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=deere nut link=board=7;threadid=8826;start=0#85155 date=1040962226]
I'm looking at getting some running boards for my 03 dually. So far I like the looks of the Dee Zee FX black extruded boards. Anyone have these or recommend other brands?
[/quote]

Brennan Technologies is supposed to have their molded boards ready by Jan. 9. :P These include the &quot;around the fender opening&quot; shield, front to back. Supposed to look sharp. So far, best pricing I could find was $850 painted and installed. They seem to build a good product. These have a ground effects look to them. I am waiting to see what they look like before ordering. Otherwise, it seems diamond plate is the only other option for the dually for full boards, not tubies.

Where can I find info on the DeeZee product?

Bob
Old 12-28-2002, 09:29 PM

Bob,<br>go to www.deezee.com. A full set for a dually is about $430. I like the looks of these and they have plastic on the ends to blend intot the fenders on the trucks. They have a much more &quot;factory&quot; look than the traditonal diamond plate and look better.<br><br>Jody
Old 12-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Jody,<br><br>Thanks for the quick reply. I found them after posting my question. I have inquiry off to them concerning availability. Appreciate the help. Dealer has nothing to offer as of yet. &gt; Slow process trying to get all the goodies on this thing.<br><br>Bob