Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Rod's Pods are here, who will be first?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rod's Pods are here, who will be first?

Just got back from a check of the WildCat Diesel site and see the Rod's Pods are finally listed. <br><br>Probably will wait until after the holidays before I order mine. If anyone else grabs one up in the mean time I (as well as others) would appreciate some feedback and maybe some post install pics. ;D
Old 12-17-2002, 02:54 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Rod's Pods are here, who will be first?

jec, I was privy to some top secret photo's during the install phase of the prototype Rod Pod, and I got to tell you that is one sweet looking unit!!!<br><br> I won't reveal any trade secrets here but from my understanding it is set up to mount using more than one method. Pretty neat set up I just wish now I hadn't put in my A-Pillar :'(<br> Maybe I can come up with a need for a couple more gauges.....Hmmmm Quick somebody hide my credit cards! :'(
Old 12-17-2002, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence SFtopSGT, I'm already convinced this will be the way to go. I saw Scotty's protype pics (on his own truck, I think) and it looked nice! <br><br>But he was kicking around whether it would have a smooth finish or textured, include facia or not, include precut gauge holes or not, etc. Some of that is answered on the Wildcat site but not all. As soon as Rod activates the instructions link more answers will emerge. And hopefully will include some pics of the production product.<br><br>Maybe Scotty or Rod will chime in and give us an overview of what they decided the final product to be?
Old 12-17-2002, 06:15 PM

<br> Ordered my Rods pod today. Rod is in the process of posting install instructions as I write. Should be up soon. Looking foreward to getting it set up. Cut your own holes for gauges and switches.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:19 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

It will be smooth side up as the textured side has too much grain compared to the bezel. It will be a smooth finish but not a perfect match as it will require a matte or satin black paint. We decided not to paint them as we would probably run into a problem with the paint chipping when the holes are cut afterwards. I like the way it looks smooth black. This a do-it-yourself product...you pick where you want the holes and what you want to put into the pod. ;D Custom.
I think Rod will have the Bezels available on the site shortly.

Old 12-17-2002, 08:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Scotty, That is one Beeeutifulll looking pod. You da man!!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Heres a pic with a screw partially in to show how it looks on the bezel. I prefer to use the screws for mounting as the bezel will be cut anyway for the gauges to fit. Then its easier to remove the pod for servicing or changing things. ;D<br><br>
Old 12-17-2002, 08:27 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=jec3 link=board=7;threadid=8440;start=0#81437 date=1040159091]<br>But he was kicking around whether it would have a smooth finish or textured, include facia or not, include precut gauge holes or not, etc. Some of that is answered on the Wildcat site but not all. As soon as Rod activates the instructions link more answers will emerge. And hopefully will include some pics of the production product.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'll add to what Scotty just wrote:<br><br>We will have bezels available, but not in a pre-cut format.<br><br>Rod
Old 12-17-2002, 08:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=7;threadid=8440;start=0#81614 date=1040178254]<br>Scotty, That is one Beeeutifulll looking pod. You da man!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thanks Top. Driving for hours and thinking made this become a reality.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:31 AM

All right boys and girls, the install instructions have been updated on the site, and some additional info has been added to it. Thanks for the suggestions, guys. We need this stuff!<br><br>Rod
Old 12-18-2002, 07:42 AM

I have been informed by a very reliable source that my Rod Pod has been shipped. I don't know if this will make me first but I'm right up there. Now if the Customs Agents will not delay the Pod because they think it's some evil nation device, I might have my gauges installed before the end of the year. Thanks to Rod and Scotty for putting up with my incessant prodding and wringing of hands and almost weekly emails, PMs and sneaky thread inserts concerning the Rod Pod. Needless to say, I'll take notes and pictures for all to see. Hey Top, maybe you could replace your A Pillar and switch?<br><br>~Dave
Old 12-18-2002, 09:45 AM

I too am hoping to be one of the first with the new Rod Pod installation. It's on it's way.... ;D <br>Unfortunatly my wife intercepted the ISSPRO gauges and my delivery date on those is now Dec. 25th [undecided] &quot;Thanks dear. They are just what I wanted!!!&quot; Dang nabbit. I should have had them shipped to my work.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:59 AM

And to give credit where its due, many of the refinements to the instructions have come from Ohio Jim patiently re-reading the drafts over the past couple weeks, and making suggestions. Thanks Jim!<br><br>Rod
Old 12-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Banned

I have all of my car stuff shipped to my work just for that reason. If my mom knew about half the things I've ordered for my truck (or my dad for that matter), she'd kill me.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:06 AM

my problem is I work for both parents and and live at home been getting stuff shipped to the GF's house but if she gets in a tif then I may loose some important bomb accessories!

Quick Reply: Rod's Pods are here, who will be first?