Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Rod Pod Gauge Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rod Pod Gauge Install Pics

I apologise for the pic quality. You'll get the idea of the install. Honest, the pod color matches the bezel. Must be a color refraction or something.<br><br>~Dave
Old 12-31-2002, 09:50 PM

Re:Rod Pod Gauge Install Pics

And another, slightly out of focus. Gotta get me a digital.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are pretty sweet
Old 01-01-2003, 09:08 AM

Say there, they look pretty good but, I think I will stick with my pillar mount. Hay to each his own.<br> Enjoy your new setup.<br> Bob
Old 01-01-2003, 09:22 AM

what are the face dimensions on the rod pod, I was thinking I could mount the tst PM3 remote in/on a rod pod when I get one, if it will fit ......<br><br>then I'd also have a place for fog light switches and my sub woofer volume **** <br><br>BTW looks good, I like it
Old 01-02-2003, 09:10 PM

That's the beauty of this pod system. Now, we all can have gauges as we want them. I have a problem reading the A pillar mounted gauges (they're just inside my focus range without wearing bifocals). I wanted four gauges. Without some real squeezing, you can't get four over there. Like you say, we can all be happy now.<br><br>Size of the pod. Well, without rushing out to the truck with tape measure in hand, visualize this, those are ISSPRO gauges and are 2 1/8 in diameter so it's about 9 inches or so, wide. Would definitely be a great way to mount some switches and whatever else struck your fancy. Now, there's a thought. Mount another one next to the current one for all those future switch control devices like laser controlled rockets for those who tailgate me (BIG mistake, stay the heck away from baby) and switchable backup lights (for those idiots who think they're following Top and have to have their brights on) ;D ;D<br><br>~Dave
Old 01-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I believe the width is 10-1/8&quot; as there is space between the gauges. Originally it was 11&quot; but I ran into a glitch with the mounting of the bezel and wanted it to fasten securely. height was at around 2-3'4&quot; on the face...I don't have the drawings here in front of me.<br><br>If I did not have my aux. fuel tank pump switch in mine, I'd be putting my TST Controller in too. Only thing I was wondering about mounting that was how to hide the power cord on it.<br>I could make longer units but I think theres a limit to how it would look. 11&quot; or longer was starting to look fairly intrusive.<br>Theres definately room for the BACK-OFF/UP lights switch on mine. ;D
Old 01-02-2003, 09:53 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

Hey Dave!<br><br>I've had a couple guys ask me which color of paint you used to match the pod to bezel. Would you mind posting the make and paint number?<br><br>Rod
Old 01-03-2003, 08:12 AM

[quote author=Push Rod link=board=7;threadid=9036;start=0#87608 date=1041566034]<br>Hey Dave!<br><br>I've had a couple guys ask me which color of paint you used to match the pod to bezel. Would you mind posting the make and paint number?<br><br>Rod<br>[/quote]<br><br>This is going to be a tough one, believe it or not. Perhaps a piece of background information would be appropriate. You know how many times people say to go to your neighborhood paint seller and get a match? Well, my wife is the assistant manager in a paint speciality store that handles DuPont Automotive Paint. Nothing like having your own personal paint technician. ;D ;D She started with the grey, which for my truck is code LAZ. That was no good because the bezel is actually a shade of black, not grey. The point here is that we're matching the bezel, not the surrounding grey. The Rod Pod is an extension of the bezel. Into the Dupont computer, Dodge section, by color chip match, we came up with: Dupont Vinyl Color, C9754J CC: CRONAR Alt:V Mix Size: 8oz. The specific formula was HS BLACK 33.3 gms/HS WHITE 37.8 gms/LS RED OXIDE 41.0 gms/LOW GLOSS VINYL CLEAR 208.2 gms. We mixed up a pint of that. Hand sprayed (by atomizer bottle) and noticed the color was too grey. She added some more HS BLACK and LOW GLOSS VINYL CLEAR into the can which was now about 2/3rds full. It is important to note this quantity because if you adjust a full pint, the color shift would be diluted to a less black than what we achieved. Her method of mixing was similar to a cook adjusting a pot of food. Just a little more and we should have it, approach. It is important to note that the textures of the bezel and the pod are different. As a consequence, the &quot;flatness&quot; of the color is different. I later found out that is the reason where you see a color difference in my photos. The reflectivity of the surface is different. However, when viewed by Mark One Eyeball, they match. Next will be touching up the screw heads. They are noticeable, but only because of the lack of color match. <br>A sidebar. I thought that using the screws would really detract from the overall appearance of the pod installation, but that doesn't appear to be the case.<br><br>In summary, it was a slow long drawn out process of getting the color match. A good paint tech should be able to get it done. I know that you'll be very lucky to be able to walk into your local hardware store and find a suitable color match in the rattle can section.<br><br>Sorry for the long post but anything less would be misleading. As a final note, LOVE THAT POD. <br><br>~Dave<br><br>