Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Rhino Liner or Linex???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhino Liner or Linex???

Any feedback on which brand is better and why. Thanks DTR!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:37 PM

I don't think you can go wrong with either, really. Back in the day Rhino used to be A LOT thicker than Line-X but now the two seem to be very similar.

However, its been my experience that Line-X is more expensive than Rhino.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:50 PM

I had Line-X in my previous truck and loved it. I have Rhino lining in my Dodge and hate it. It is slippery when it gets wet and is not nearly as durable as Line-X. I am considering getting Line-X sprayed over my Rhino liner because it is getting so chewed up. Eric
Old 05-02-2006, 10:19 PM

linex looks a lot smoother. thats the main reason that im going to get linex. here in delaware, the rhino liner and linex dealers and a few miles apart and a couple of minutes from my shop so its not like i have to drive far for either. Also, here the prices are very close if not the same (plus i get a little discount because my scrapyard gets rid of their old barrels, you know, you scratch my back, ill scratch yours).

-Gary
Old 05-02-2006, 10:22 PM

I dont like either, when I actually use it...

Im going to probably go with a ruberized liner then toss a EDIT plastic one on top to protect the bed...
With heavy loads you CANT slide it across linex/rhino liner like you can on plastic... With a roll/spray in liner it just tears it up and gouges the crap out of it....
Might be ok for lighter stuff, lumber, etc, but tossing motors/trannys, heavy equipment/tools in the back will just mess up that nice liner....
Old 05-02-2006, 10:32 PM

I have also heard really good things about VORTEX, if you can find someone that does it. I was reading on another site (http://www.thedieselstop.com/archive...o=&fpart=1.htm )that the LINE-X was junk. I don't know where you are from but usually all you have to do is look for a dealer, either online of in the yellow pages.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:56 PM

If you're spray in liner is starting to chip or peel, and its not super old then don't blame the liner blame the installer. The prep work is Very critical for the liner to last.

We have several trucks that have lixe X, and have switched to Rhino liner. The rhino liner stays (for lack of a better word) Tacky alot longer. Thus holding you're items in place better.

One more thing we have a couple of trucks with plastic bedliners used for heavy stuff that you have to slide into the bed. That would make life very miserable with a spray in liner.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with ellerman I have rhino in my dodge and hate it with a passion. We have linex in our cheby and I love it. I'd like to get the rhino removed from my dodge and get it linexed. Both are the same age to. So one being older than the other can not be used as an excuse. The cheby has a topper and the dodge has a tonneau.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:28 AM

I love my lineX. Had it done on top of the rails and had the rocker panels done up to the first crease in the body. I live on a stone road and it was only way to avoid sacraficing my truck to the rust god.Looks good and very tough.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:15 AM

Speedliner
Old 05-03-2006, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to vote Perma-Tech.

http://www.perma-tech.com/
Old 05-03-2006, 11:39 AM

lance are you using the kevlar additive in your speed liner . i had the normal speedliner in my 97 v10 truck and loved it but that was right before they came out with the kevlar mix i have a friend that shoots it and he did his bumper with it and would push wrecked cars and trucks around the yard with it at his shop and never cut it . that stuff is tough
Old 05-03-2006, 02:16 PM
jht

Ive got Rhino on my work truck and linex on my own And I like the linex better..The rhino wants to cut easily with anything sharp being thrown in and is a little too grippy for me. The linex is holding up well and has'nt faded much over the 4yrs . Just my 2cents.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Banned

It kinda depends on what you are looking for......some people love the grip of the Rhino and some like the surface or the Line-X.

Now with the Rhino it is more of a rubber substance which prevents dents a lot better than the Line-X. If you are throwing tools in the back and anything that would leave a dent, the rubber will absorb a lot of the impact. However it does cut if there are sharp items in the bed.

Line-X is more hard and doesn't but, but throwing stuff in the bed will dent the metal A LOT easier than with the Rhino.

Personally I like the UV protectant in the Line-X better than Rhino ( that stuff fades extrememly easy......or used to anyways ).

~Nick