Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Relocating wastegate boost line to turbo housing questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relocating wastegate boost line to turbo housing questions.

I'm thinking about relocating the boost line that controls the wastegate when I install a TST boost control elbow. I want to move it from the afc to the turbo housing. Since I'll be finally finishing my gauge install, I'm thinking of doing it then. I have a couple questions though...

1. Can I re-use the hose attached to the back of the afc that heads off to the wastegate and is it long enough to use to go from turbo housing to wastegate?

2. If I can't re-use the hose, what type of hose should I get?

3. In the process, I'm going to elliminate the "T" fitting attached to the afc. Are the threads that connect the boost line from the intake manifold to the "T" the same as what connects the "T" to the afc?

4. The only place I can see that makes sence to install the boost control elbow on the turbo housing is on a flat spot next to the ID tag on the turbo. Is this a good/recommended location?

I'm hoping to remove the turbo when I install the thermocouple for the pyro. If it ends up being a pain to remove, I'm going to resort to installing the thermocouple with the turbo still on. This may cause me a problem when moving the boost control line to the wastegate since I would like to drill and tap the turbo with the turbo off the truck. If I have to do it with it on the truck, the best solution I can think of is disconnect the end of the boost hose from the turbo to the intercooler to keep chips out of it. So, has anyone done this with the turbo on the truck and is this how they do it? If so, any advice or something I may have overlooked? Also, do I need to have new gaskets for when I reinstall the turbo? Thanks for the help!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
PM'd ya...
Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MikeR! I'm going to have to look into why it didn't register sent messages.