Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Relocated my Battery today

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relocated my Battery today

I started the day off planning on just an oil change, trans fluid change, and axle fluid change....switching all fluids to amsoil and I noticed that my Negative battery terminal had quite a bit of corrosion going on. I had noticed the past few times I've worked on my truck that I got some holes on the front of my shirt...guess I know where they came from now :bang

anyway, I started taking things apart, broke out the baking soda and water and went to town de-acidizing the problem areas. then it hit me, what iff I move my battery to where my BHAF is and vice versus. well 5 hours later...........:ylsuper:

I also took my air hose and blew out my BHAF from the inside out.....bunch of dirt came out

Result = 2 more psi raising my total boost to 47psi:woohoo: :ylsuper: I did change more than one condition, so did the position change really do anything? or is it because the BHAF was almost clogged and I blew it out caused the increase of boost, maybe the amsoil cause the turbo to boost easier...maybe all those combined helped....who cares, now my truck runs like a raped ape

BTW I did do the oil change trans and rear axle fluid change tomorrow
Old 10-15-2006, 09:21 AM

I love the concept but, isn't there more air flow in the original location? You have air coming from the fender wall and air from the cowl area. I would think airflow is more restrictive hidden behind the headlight without any sort of air duct to feed it.

I do not mean to bash your idea, I am only trying to figure if this is worth the time...as I do like the idea of taking to huge bend out of the intake tube.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:24 AM

well there are big holes in the fender up there just the same way as back in the original location....plus I forgot to mention I max out EGT's at 1450F where as before I would peg the 1500F gauge at the top of 4th gear. gotta be better up there away from the exhaust manifold anyway
Old 11-05-2006, 06:49 PM

That's a good idea. I was actually thinking about doing this but decided it was too much work. I'd say that you get a straighter shot of air into your turbo as well. The best is to have a straight intake tube going into the turbo, like what the TAG does.