Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ready to start the BOMBING!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready to start the BOMBING!

OK, where should I start? ???
I've been looking at chips (quadzilla, EZ, etc...).
Which is better and why? Sould I get the exaust first or the chip? If the chip first, can the chip handle the factory exaust,
or is it too restrictive? Also, how hard will the chip be to hide from the dealership? Can I just unplug it and drive? Thanks for your input!- Steve
Old 09-28-2003, 06:42 AM

Re:Ready to start the BOMBING!

Talk with Rod from wildcatdiesel.com he has info on TST boxes. I believe that the TST and Edge boxes coming out have timing and fueling making about double the power of todays boxes.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:35 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Re:Ready to start the BOMBING!

With the 03:

1) Gauges - Pyrometer, Boost, Fuel pressure, and if you tow heavy with an auto, a tranny temp gauge.

2) Air box - the factory critter just doesn't hack it.

3) Box - If you're anxious to begin today, the Edge EZ is the best one we've tested (and we've run them all). If you can wait a couple months, TST and Edge should have their timing/fueling boxes released (we hope).

4) Turbo - depending on how aggressive you get with the fueling box. The stocker turbo is pretty much done with an Edge EZ, so the more aggressive boxes are gonna want this to get into the higher levels. And you have to maintain quick spoolup with the 03's, due to the way that the ECM adds it fuel. A laggy 'charger will not work well.

5) Exhaust - The stock exhaust is fine up to about 370 HP

6) Injectors - We currently have no idea how far we can push the stock injectors, although at the dyno day in Calgary yesterday, an 03 pushed 502 HP with stock injectors.

Rod