Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

RASP longevity?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RASP longevity?

Bought my truck a couple of weeks ago from a trusted individual. It has been maintained and is in excellent shape. After searching this site for awhile it seems my trucks biggest weakness is the lift pump / VP-44. I am interested in longevity & durability and wonder if this is my best option. Anyone have info on durability of the RASP and it's affect on the VP-44?
Old 02-04-2006, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put a fuel pressure guage on your new truck and monitor it, when you start seeing problems address them then. don't let fear dictate what you spend on a fuel system.

I was worried when I first bought my truck after reading the posts here and elsewhere, but I've had the truck 2 years and put on 35,000 miles with 0 trouble with the lift pump.

This is a great site for information and friendly conversation just keep reading and studying.

enjoy your new truck and keep up good maintenance.

From my understanding rasp has been available only a few years, if you can judge from that much time I haven't heard of any problems
Old 02-04-2006, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good advice, thanks. Planning on the fuel pressure guage & maintenance will continue on it. Local dealer scanned for codes & everything checked out fine. Just thinking if 1 investment in the RASP would basically eliminate the fuel delivery concerns for the long term it might be worth it to me. I also like the idea of the stock system as backup.

Love the truck & want it to last a long time.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:34 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Vulcan Relocation Kit

Originally Posted by jakerudy
Good advice, thanks. Planning on the fuel pressure guage & maintenance will continue on it. Local dealer scanned for codes & everything checked out fine. Just thinking if 1 investment in the RASP would basically eliminate the fuel delivery concerns for the long term it might be worth it to me. I also like the idea of the stock system as backup.

Love the truck & want it to last a long time.
I'm considering relocating the L.P. back toward the tank. Makes replacing it much easier. Vulcan kit is now available through Geno's.