Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ranch Hand bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ranch Hand bumpers

I've seen plenty of them around, how much are you guys seeing them go for? I'm making plans for the tax return ;D I'm looking for a full replacement, not just the grill guard style. I've heard there are other companies making similar style bumpers, any pics or links to them? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Ranch Hand bumpers

Check with Rod or Scotty,
There used to be a guy who sold through Wildcatdiesel.

I think they were called Spanky's Bush Push Bumpers.

I looked around on Wildcatdiesel.com but couldn't find it
(It used to be under new products)

That's the one I was considering getting.

If he's not making them anymore, check in this thread

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d=8067;start=0

He has some pics of his, and at one time was considering making them for sale.

phox
Old 01-13-2003, 05:27 PM

There is an old boy out of Texas who has a company called "KingKlaw". His product looks exactly like Ranchhand. Way cheaper. His site is currently down, but his phone # is somewhere on the net.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:03 PM

There are alot of companies in Texas that make similiar full replacements that are much cheaper than ranch hand. Mine is from frontier. www.frontier-gear.com Dealerships usually have a few different kinds from different companies, but don't buy one from the dealership, they jack them way up. Go by and get the websites or phone #'s off the ones you like and contact them instead of the dealership.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:09 PM

I want a full replacement with the fog light holes that the factory lights go in, all I have seen are like $800, little steep for me.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:54 PM

Another is South Texas Outfitters ( www.southtexasoutfitters.com) <br><br>I would recomend to stay away from Ranch Hand. Since they sold out their quality has suffered and their price has sky rocketed. They just aint what they use to be unfortunatly.<br><br>There are quite a few &quot;smaller&quot; companies who offer better quality bumpers for less$<br><br>I personaly built my own for my 97 F-350. That way I knew what kind of quality it was. Plus it only cost me $120 and a day in the shop 8)
Old 01-13-2003, 08:34 PM

Tough Country makes some nice looking bumpers. I;ve seen them in person a few times and if I had to do it over again, I would buy their stuff in a heartbeat. I have Brown's Welding hardware but the paint quality on my bumpers and running boards just plain sucks. The coating is paper thin. I need to have them all re-coated to make them look nice again. <br><br>You can check out Tough Country at www.toughcountry.com<br><br>They were much cheaper than Ranch Hand last time I talked to them.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:48 PM

www.southwestfabricators.com<br>
Old 01-13-2003, 10:23 PM

Wow a lot more option out there than I had realized. I've talked to a few guys about the Ranch Hand bumpers and from what they're telling me about the prices and drop in quality I don't think i'll bother with them. A lot of nice lookin options out there, thanks for the helps guys ;D
Old 01-14-2003, 07:42 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I will put a plug in for Denver Offroad Bumpers. Layne makes an awesome bumper and at 130lbs it isn't that heavy, fit and finish are excellent.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:17 AM

I have had Ranchhand, Tough Country and Brown. All good products.<br>When I bought the last one (Ranch Hand) every dealer seemed to have a different price. Best price I found was at Truck Tuff Waller Tx. Somewhere close to 800.00 for carry out. I do know that Ranch Hand will stand behind they products. This front end replacement had some thin spots on the powder coating. I took it to their factory store in Houston, after I had already installed. Manager took one look at it and took the truck around to shop and installed a new one. Not bad considering I didn't purchase from them. It's uncommon now days to see that happen without a lot of shouting first.<br>Because of that, I will buy Ranch Hand in the future. <br>FWIW<br>wk
Old 01-14-2003, 09:28 AM

Well guys I stepped up and ordered a front end replacement from south west fabricators this morning for my 03 Chevy 1-ton. Gotta cover that front end somehow
Old 01-14-2003, 10:16 AM

Another one that I have seen recently is made by Maverick Truck Accessories. I don't know much about them other than it is a good looking bumper.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:03 AM

My rear bumper is an original Ranch Hand and it is not flimsy, but not the toughest I have seen. The front end replacement I have is a Kaspar Ranch Gear (KRG) it is excellent.

My understanding of the Ranch Hand quality issue is this: Ranch Hand quality was going to crap a few years ago, then KRG bought the Ranch Hand name and sold their (superior) product with the Ranch Hand name on it. The current RH stuff is actually made by KRG and is good quality.

I'm wanting to get some boards like South Texas Outfitters has on their intro page.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:16 AM

Anybody have any input as to the durability of Reunel's bumpers? Prices aside, how are they?<br>Chris

Quick Reply: Ranch Hand bumpers