Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

"Race" a Mitsubishi Evolution VIII tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Race" a Mitsubishi Evolution VIII tonight.

If you guys happen to run into an Evolution and want to play with it. You might waant to think twice. Then after thinking twice you can proceed to stomp his butt.

Now before I get called a liar, let me give you the short story.

We were at some "arranged" late night races and the Evo and myself happened to get a few bets placed on us. The deal was for Me VS the Evo. So the driver elected to let his more experienced friend drive. We were to go from a 30mph roll and go on the flagman's que. The Evo had a quarter tank of fuel and one passenger(the owner). I had a FULL factory tank and 15-30 gallons in my auxillary(traction) tank. On the flag I timed it better than him and got a jump. He then pulled even. By the top of third I had pulled a solid 2 1/2 to 3 feet. Three - Four shift he caught up. Middle of fourth I started pulling again. Four - Five shift(which sucks) He pulled back to 5-6feet of even (but I was still leading). When I finally hit fifth(double clutch) I pulled almost the entire lenght of the truck before we shut down(somewhere in the low triple digits).

The chosen driver was okay but not great. I'm sure a better driver would have done better, but, we played by the rules and I won.

Needless to say he was a little whiny and a quite ******.
Not to mention his girlfriend whose on the phone right now was kinda she was diggin the dually before the race but after the race she got to check out the DVD and again Mr. Evo was . But I gotta go. I've got someone(wonder who) waiting for me on the phone.

Later,
Wes

Old 09-07-2003, 08:18 AM

Re:"Race" a Mitsubishi Evolution VIII tonight.

HAHAHA what were his mods? I have a talon that would kill my truck but its a 12 second car. LOL thats a great story though!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:57 AM

well since you're running over 400hp and a lancer evo 4 is only a 13 second car (under good track conditions with a good driver) I believe it ...what kind of times is a ctd capable of with 400hp ......low 14's ....high 13's

cool ........you showed them ricer imports how it's done

downloaded a video of some guy with an evo 4 talkin smack at some guy with a noen srt 4(the new turbo jobby)

anyhow they raced like 6 times ..standing starts, rolling starts....you name it.........the neon kicked his behind big time every time, it was no contest ..........

dodge shows em how 4cyl turbo performce is done once again

oh yeah be careful of them girlys that just wants to be with you cause you got a cool car .........they're usually not the type you bring home to mom ..........and they've been known to drain a mans wallet awful quick ..........
Old 09-07-2003, 12:49 PM

[quote author=Crawler link=board=7;threadid=19330;start=0#msg181553 date=1062917145] I've got someone(wonder who) waiting for me on the phone.
[/quote]

Got any pics yet?
Old 09-07-2003, 01:00 PM

Actually an EVO VIII will run a 13.2 with an OK driver and break into the high 12s with a good driver.
With all wheel drive he had no traction problems and because it was from a 30mph punch I just scratched mine real hard.
We made sure that the punch happened on our VHT patch at our private "track". So traction was decent. He had a full exhaust but that was it. Also to dodgeram my truck weighed well over 8000lbs last night when we ran, so I thought it a good accomplishment.
Also I drove my buddies new SRT-4 to a 9.15 on my first pass (1/8th mile).
I drove a new EVO to a 13.07 in the quarter(stock with 124 miles on the odometer).
Old 09-07-2003, 08:23 PM

120 views and only two people reply ???. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. :'(

3263lb All wheel drive turbo charged car vs.
8000lb+ 2wd Turbo Diesel

http://www.mitsucars.com/MMSA/jsp/evo/engine.jsp
Old 09-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Chapter President

[quote author=Crawler link=board=7;threadid=19330;start=0#msg181764 date=1062984213]
120 views and only two people reply ???. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. :'(

3263lb All wheel drive turbo charged car vs.
8000lb+ 2wd Turbo Diesel

http://www.mitsucars.com/MMSA/jsp/evo/engine.jsp
[/quote]
Maybe people are too lazy to type. It is Sunday you know.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:38 PM

Blue Range.

Since you haven't been watching the boards for very long then you wouldn't pick up on the long running inside joke between myself and a few of the other members. The girl bit is a gag that myself and a few others tease a to be un-named member about. (You might have to read between the lines with a few of the posts put on here) Some of us have been on here(and other boards) for quite awhile and we have things that only we pick up on. Sorry for leading you astray on the "chick" thing, but again Read:Inside Joke & Running Gag.

Later,

Admin:Sorry for jumping off topic. It won't happen again in this thread.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:27 AM

Good job Wes. glad to know that high miles, oil leaker is good for something.

Joe