Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad, how does a guy get around this programming issue???
Old 11-17-2007, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Long story short....
Gained 13 hp on # 6 over Smarty/TST CE
Gained 24 hp on #8
Gained 22 hp on #10
These gains are all over BEST readout from Smarty/TST!!!
I'm impressed and happy
Nice to meet Steve from Quad's organization. He came just to see how the Adrenaline did for 'Bnold' and I. Bnold had also made an injector change so his figures were not exactly apples to apples, but I believe he was also impressed and will probably chime in here also.

RJ

Yep was a very interesting event... Blown turbos, fires, locked motors, etc... (Glad it wasn't me! )

RJ is right I made an injector change a couple months before I got my adrenaline and never got to dyno with these for a baseline...

Results were still impressive nonetheless.
1st run PL05- 530
2nd run PL10- 520 (Power came in much faster but just plain ran the pump dry... Good amount of popping)
3rd run PL7 w/small nitrous shot .041- 580
4th run PL8 w/small nitrous shot .041- 568

My bet is with the tune I have the most power is to be had from somewhere between PL05 and PL07 anything above and the fuel just cant be delivered...

Agreeing with RJ and TexasCTD and many others this dyno has always proved to be very stingy with numbers. My example with my previous setup: 504 portable dynojet, 502 lewisville dynojet, 460 at todays dyno with previous setup all runs within 3 months of each other........

Believe what you wish, but I firmly believe this box is at least 550 on fuel only and probably 620 with my small shot right now... Was my first run with the new nitrous kit and need to set the Hobbs lower (and add bigger pill ), with tuning and programming adjustments this will be very stout! Very happy! (My numbers are not huge, but remember this truck still works on a weekly basis, pulls large trailers without EGT fears...)

RJs results say it all. Nothing changed but TST/Smarty to Adrenaline same dyno/twins/injectors/everything and a solid 30hp over previous runs... Very impressive... With tuning I bet that increase can be at least 50hp more and probably more!!

Steve got both RJ and my dyno sheets to give to quad for analysis... Also took steve for a ride to show him first hand some of the 'surging' issues with the programs. Hopefully he is able to better describe the symptoms
Old 11-17-2007, 11:33 PM

Who is Steve??? Maybe Justin???? or Stan?? No Steve's here.....that is scary sort of.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:06 AM
CST

I think he means Stan you could start calling him steve tho...
Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 AM

Well I tried the high idle 2 more times yesterday and neither time would it idle up to 1200 just stayed at 850 both times. Still doesn't seem to be adding any power as all levels feels the same. The smoke levels seem the same as well with the box on lvl 00 or lvl 10. I don't know what is goin on gonna go back to the older software. Did I do something wrong when I updated my box?
Joe
Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Who is Steve??? Maybe Justin???? or Stan?? No Steve's here.....that is scary sort of.
Sorry Stan! Thought he introduced himself as Steve...but it was a long day. Said he was your Sales Mgr, I believe??

Did we have a competitors spy among us?

RJ
Old 11-18-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Quad, how does a guy get around this programming issue???
Try starting the update and then plug the box in.... Works for me.

Paul
Old 11-18-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla

Ah crap why was I thinking steve?? Too many names to get straight at those events!! We will stick with 'Guy driving quadzilla truck' ya that guy
Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Did we have a competitors spy among us?

RJ
Yep that's it!! And he took off with our dyno sheets!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 AM

Finally got it to program. I have no idea what went wrong there??? I'm sure there are some spy's here too...
Old 11-18-2007, 05:55 PM

OK...my experience with the new program today...(I'll get a better chance to play tomorrow, I have a 300 mile commute to work)

No surging issues 'til Levels 8 & up...wanted to buck if I didn't get into it a bit...seemed like anything higher than level 8 was just more smoke on my truck but no appreciable extra power...

High idle was kinda all over the place at first but settled in at around 1000, brake/accelerator didn't turn it off so I turned the box down to level 00, when I turned the box down down the idle got rough/erratic and the truck almost stalled so I shut it down and it wouldn't restart...did the same as the rest and unplugged the box, turned it over, plugged the box back in and the truck started. I'm not gonna try this function out so far from home tomorrow.

I really like the defueling...it was almost too smooth to feel...

All in all this box is becoming a real pleasure to drive with...the advantages way outweigh the few bugs...
Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Yep was a very interesting event... Blown turbos, fires, locked motors, etc... (Glad it wasn't me! )

RJ is right I made an injector change a couple months before I got my adrenaline and never got to dyno with these for a baseline...

Results were still impressive nonetheless.
1st run PL05- 530
2nd run PL10- 520 (Power came in much faster but just plain ran the pump dry... Good amount of popping)
3rd run PL7 w/small nitrous shot .041- 580
4th run PL8 w/small nitrous shot .041- 568

My bet is with the tune I have the most power is to be had from somewhere between PL05 and PL07 anything above and the fuel just cant be delivered...

Brian.. Are you running out of supply to the pump.. (Restriction in the lines and fittings..) or do you think the charge pump is not keeping up..
Bryan
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM

beta

I loaded the emailed update yesterday the high idle was going between 1500 and 1200 brake pedel shut the idle down perfect. I was not able to get on the freeway but in town I had no surging. at about 35 mph in 5th gear 1800rpm or so the motor has a weard sound ? Power and smoke was down but all in all its alot better to drive.

thanks Quad for all your hard work.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
Brian.. Are you running out of supply to the pump.. (Restriction in the lines and fittings..) or do you think the charge pump is not keeping up..
Bryan
Not a chance I'm draining my FASS 150/150... just not possible with a stock VP... fuel pressure never moves. idle/cruise/WOT on kill with 19.5psi. VP just cant reload as fast as we want it to I imagine... seemed like the more I backed off the settings the more power I got! Wish I would have sprayed on level 5 instead of moving up to 8... bet it competed for the most power!

If you go to youtube and search for bnold1 you can find some vids of mine and RJs runs... no link cause I'm sure there is profanity somewhere in the youtube world that I will get in trouble for!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM

TT file testing still with no changes Quad. Loaded the newest file without the TT and it works pretty good. This program works 100% with my remote starter. Remote start my truck and after 2 minutes, up goes the idle to 1200 rpm but is still very rough versus holding 1200 rpm with my foot. Pretty much reminds me of a HRVP idle lope...

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!