Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lots a testing:
high idle goes to 1200rpm right at 2 minutes. brake input does nothing, throttle input makes the idle go back down to 900 and it then immediately ramps back up to 1200. the only way to turn off the high idle is to change the power level. i started the truck and ramped the idle up to 1500 for about ten seconds and let it return to idle, again right at two minutes it idled back up as advertised.

turbo timer would shut the truck off at 18, 21, 20, 22, 22 seconds so that was pretty accurate right around 20 seconds. no throttle or brake input would shut off the turbo timer.

when the truck would shut off it would automatically revert back to setting 0.

i still cant see when it defuels because when i give it aggressive throttle it still changes my display to boost reading from EGT and it flashes. it is defueling though, i can feel it.

why is it changing the monitor setting??????????????
Old 11-15-2007, 09:13 PM

lotero.. has it always been changing back to level 0.. or just since the last update???

I'm running the software off the site.. TT seems to be working fine... throttle kills it.. brake kills it..Defueling working good.. bounces between 1240-1260 under long runs..
Idles up.. but only to 900rpms.. (only tried it once..) pushing the throttle will increase the rpms.. but comes back to 900.. pushing the brake dropps it down to 750-800 rpm.

Surging.. is much better.. but still there...
Bryan
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM

Lotero,
As per the email I sent with that last update, I don't care about anything other than if the module locks up and won't let the truck turn off. I know the brake pedal won't turn it off and I know all your settings do not get saved. I only want to see if what I changed keeps the box from locking up and requiring you to pull the fuse to kill it.

From there I will make the needed changes.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 PM

It's a long on but here goes : High idle goes to 1200rpm right at 2 minutes. brake turns off high idle, throttle input makes the idle go back down to 900 and it then immediately ramps back up to 1200. No rough idle at a standstill or switching from PL00-PL10 which is nice. Still tons of shudder at low-mid throttle(still think it's tps related). Still pulls like a freight train!!! High idle at 1200 rpm is not as smooth as holding throttle at 1200 rpm manually. Turbo timer shuts truck down after 22 seconds. Brake shut off turbo timer for me. Set my remote starter in start mode, Adrenaline takes over and messes up the sequence, goes into Adrenaline turbo timer, shuts down truck in 22 seconds and doesn't allow me to remote start the truck because it's messed with my remote starter sequence(manual transmission). Set my remote starter turbo timer(which runs for 3 minutes), after 2 minutes truck goes into high idle, then my remote starter turbo timer's 3 minutes are up, truck goes into Adrenaline turbo timer and shuts truck down at 1200 rpm after 22 seconds. Not able to start truck from remote due to Adrenaline messing up my remote starter sequence. I hope that all made sense and now I wish I had an automatic to get away from my remote starter not playing well with the Adrenaline. It looks like I need a program with all these features but a turbo timer as I already have one in my remote starter. Phwew, too much typing!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Oh yeah, box has not locked up or changed levels on it's own. I will play more tomorrow to see if it will lock up and I have to pull my fuse. Sorry to throw all the remote starter stuff in there but just reporting how it works with my remote start as that's why I'm so extatic for a high idle, so it will ramp up after 2 minutes of starting my truck up.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Lotero,
As per the email I sent with that last update, I don't care about anything other than if the module locks up and won't let the truck turn off. I know the brake pedal won't turn it off and I know all your settings do not get saved. I only want to see if what I changed keeps the box from locking up and requiring you to pull the fuse to kill it.

From there I will make the needed changes.
sounds good, the truck shuts off exactly as it should and consistantly. i am going to go back to my factory 6 setting. i love the high idle but i hate the defueling even more it works great but i like to have the ability to pull as long as i want. sounds like i answered your questions so i will now keep the computer with me so if you need me to test anything else dont hesitate to call 505-263-5903 or email.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:54 PM

Thanks Luis for helping me out earlier. Is there anyone else with a manual transmission that has any issues between their remote starter and the Adrenaline? Thanks...
Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 PM

anytime buddy
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 PM

Lotero,

If you can keep it on a little longer I want to make sure that what we did solves the lock up issue with the Turbo Timer.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Thanks Luis for helping me out earlier. Is there anyone else with a manual transmission that has any issues between their remote starter and the Adrenaline? Thanks...
I will find out tonight, just had an astro start put in but haven't had time to try the new tune.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 AM

How do you turn off the high idle? Besides changing from level pl00. The reason I ask, this morning the high idle started after 2 min, but would not go back down to normal idle while on the pl00 level. I pulled into the parking lot at work 20 minutes later, turn the box to pl00 and the truck idled up to 1000 rpms. Change the setting on the box and it idles down to 750-800.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Chapter President

My turn. Finally got to drive the truck a little today. Driving to and from work in bumper to bumper traffic is really no test.

This is with the new 10 level program.

First off the high idle on my truck cold goes to roughly 950 rpm.

The surging on any level is far better that the other tunes.

Rough idle, when it comes on , kind of sucks. Does not seem to be present all the time, but most.

Turbo timer on my truck works flawless, with either the brake, throttle, or 3 min timeout.

When turning truck off, turbo timer works for exactly 3 min, with a high idle that goes to 1200 for the last min, then shuts down.

I have gone to bigger injectors since the testing started and the driving conditions and related problems ar really not any different than with stock ones. This weekend hopefully I will be putting on th Super B turbo. will report then.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkston
How do you turn off the high idle? Besides changing from level pl00. The reason I ask, this morning the high idle started after 2 min, but would not go back down to normal idle while on the pl00 level. I pulled into the parking lot at work 20 minutes later, turn the box to pl00 and the truck idled up to 1000 rpms. Change the setting on the box and it idles down to 750-800.
Hit the brake pedal> That should kill it, especially with a 01 truck.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by lotero
why is it changing the monitor setting??????????????

It sounds like maybe you have an alarm set? I have not went over the alarm stuff yet but, if you have an alarm set and it reaches it, then the gauge will turn over to the parameter in alarm and it should flash.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 PM

new tune

I loaded the new file yesterday the high idle only go to 900 hundred on my truck the brake pedel works good the surging for me is still
bad but it is higher in the rpm now and at about 3/8 go pedel Iam also having the rough idle on any power level .

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!