Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
We are not exactly sure why he is having this issue. It is sort of unexplainable.

All we know is that we had 2 major issues of concern.

1.) Turbo Timers were not shutting down (ie they worked too good!!!!)

2) On some tunes people were having to turn the control pod all the way back to zero to get the power levels to work properly. And 1 truck that anything above PL2 would not work.

So that is why we stopped and worked on fixing the bugs.

Once they are solved we will finish the tuning portion. You never know if these stupid bugs are causing other issues that are harder to trace like the surging. This is expecially true since the surging varies from truck to truck and almost day to day.

So, I am trying to get this up on the web and we will go from there.
I agree 100% with your troubleshooting measures Quad. I'll admit me and Luis are at a loss as to why it will work on my truck but not his. It's really a weird issue. The only thing I could think of was the amount of amps/voltage being applied to the pump wire on the COMP tune, and if there was an intermintant connection that was breaking down under increased voltage/amperage. But I'm merely a Telecom guy so this EE stuff is all voodo to me.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 PM

Qaud, I think for the most part we all(those of us who keep track of this thread anyways) understand the difficulties you guys are facing and we appreciate you guys taking the time to do it right. And I think I'm speaking for all the beta testers when I say I'm just glad to be a part of this.

What program do I have? I called to speak with Roark about it, but he was busy so I believe it was Jessica?? who asked him and she didn't sound to sure on what he meant, no biggy just want to clarify. lotero pointed out that its most likely a 6 lvl program. This one doesn't have the turbo timer, defueling, or high idle correct?

I know this shouldn't be a real concern, and I wouldn't exactly call it a concern but I thought I'd see some more smoke... pretty much only get it when brake boosting. Is this just the design of the box? Is it that clean? Or do you think the tapp might be bad? The truck feels strong... but I have nothing else to go off of, so I don't know if I'm feeling the max potential of the box or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Chapter President

I did not get a lot of smoke on mine either, on any setting. Once I put in the bigger sticks, it smoke like a beast.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:17 PM

i have some tunes saved to my computer if anybody wants me to email them. i have a couple of 10 settings and quite a few of the original 6 settings.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Oh I can make mine smoke like a freight train if I desire!! It'll come out thick as can be through the stacks! On the upper levels of course... The lower levels seem to be pretty moderate on the smoke and that is nice... 3 and 4 can be driven without blacking out intersections....
Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 PM

The reason it is not smokey is that we are NOT a boost based box. We take account for a lot more inputs that just boost to make fueling enhancements.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 PM

Ah the beauty of not waiting on the TSTs boost to fuel!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1BAD4X4
Qaud, I think for the most part we all(those of us who keep track of this thread anyways) understand the difficulties you guys are facing and we appreciate you guys taking the time to do it right. And I think I'm speaking for all the beta testers when I say I'm just glad to be a part of this. Goes for me too!!!
I seem to have a new problem cropping up...I went back to the original 6 level comp tune with the anti-surge update about 1 1/2 weeks ago...I've until recently had no surge below PL 3 and only a little on PL 3...more on PL 4 and up. I'm now noticing a little bit of surging on PL 2 and a bunch on PL 3...any ideas?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:02 PM

GOOOD NEWS GOOOD NEWS!!! due to the nicer than average weather here the dragstrip is going to be open one more weekend!!! as stated before quad im sure i speak for all of us that we truly appreciate all the hard work and i hope im not asking for too much but if i can get a working COMP file from you by sunday i will run it and compare it to the others at the drag strip. also it is set we will be having a dyno day here with 20+ trucks on DEC 8 and the same guy who wrote my article for diesel power is going to be there to cover it!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Ok, update it live. It is not the Comp update but, as soon as I can determine that the little bugs are gone we will release a COMP version of it.

Should help or fix surging.
Turbo Timer should ALWAYS turn off. You should not have to reset, or change down to PL00 to change power levels.
Turbo timer is stopped or turned off by touching the brake pedal.
All that should be fixed.

High idle is enabled and if you stick it in PL00 after 2 minutes the truck should idle up to 1200 rpms and hold it until you either change PL or touch the brake pedal.

Defueling is set to 1250 on this file.

Please test these little things that are such a HUGE headache for me and we will go from there. THis is a major re-write but, we tested it here and all is well.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...ate_98-02.html
Old 11-13-2007, 07:47 PM
BBA

Anyone having trouble downloading the new file? I cant get mine to work i dont know if it has anything to do with the problem im having with it. Quad why would it just stop working all of a sudden? The other day the turbo timer decided to not kill me truck and i had to pull the fuse. Well after that my box doesnt work and all it reads is 99999 and then it wont let me change my leves i was going to dyno it this saturday but i dont think it will happend. I just keep running into problems but i think i will have my truck up and running again just depends on the box now.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:54 PM

i see on that update the rwhp on a stock truck is 165.....how much torque does it give???? im excited to get home everyday to read up on this...i cant wait for it to come out! sounds like it will be awesome...
Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, update it live. It is not the Comp update but, as soon as I can determine that the little bugs are gone we will release a COMP version of it.

Should help or fix surging.
Turbo Timer should ALWAYS turn off. You should not have to reset, or change down to PL00 to change power levels.
Turbo timer is stopped or turned off by touching the brake pedal.
All that should be fixed.

High idle is enabled and if you stick it in PL00 after 2 minutes the truck should idle up to 1200 rpms and hold it until you either change PL or touch the brake pedal.

Defueling is set to 1250 on this file.

Please test these little things that are such a HUGE headache for me and we will go from there. THis is a major re-write but, we tested it here and all is well.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...ate_98-02.html
OK, Turbo Timer works flawlessly so far, with the exception of my Air Bag/ABS and Brake lights goingi nto alarm when the keys are pulled. No other issues in 5 shut downs. Fueling is good only noticed a slight surge on PL10 and only going up a decent incline at low throttle input. Defueling is perfect. Holds it steady at 1250. Unfortunately the High Idle does not work on my truck. It kicks up from 750/800 to maybe a tick over 900 but doesnt get to 1200 rpms. I can tell its fueling a little bit and that its trying to jump the idle up because the EGTs jump a bit. But diffenatly not 1200 RPMs. I have tried it with the keys in and using my remote start neither way works. Let me know of anything I might be missing. Awesome update so far Quad Keep up the good work.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
BBA

OK well not really sure what happend i had to restart the computer 4 different times to finally get it to download the file. I will find out if it fixed the problems here in a little bit when i can get out there to my truck.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Well, defueling works perfect. I'm having tons of surging from PL2-PL10. I have a very rough idle on PL1-PL10, switch it to PL00 and it idles perfect. Take my key out, ABS & Airbag light come on and the truck runs and runs, no turbo timer here. The high idle ramps up to 900 rpm but idles really rough? Got to go back to the previous program because my truck idles very bad on any level but PL00. Very weird. When is the turbo timer supose to shut the truck down? My FASS shut off early as the turbo timer kept going and shut down after a hard PL10 run?Lots of weird things going on here! Very cool update!!!!

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!