Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, I am anxiously chompin' at the bit. I got my box over a week ago. Pulled my Drag Juice/Att, and they forgot to send the correct data link adaptor with my Adrenaline. Roark thought it would be a week and there are other 99's waitin like me. Driving around with a fully blown race box that is only hooked up for boost fooling is killing me!

By the way, Jammer 5's are WEAK! With no box it feels like a stock truck. No egt, boost, adjusted speedo, or fuel pressure, I better take it easy.

I had to switch out my worn out mudders the other day and I didn't even get to burn them off with this new box.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah gotcha, thanks for the info!

I thought I'd see a bit more smoke then I am... think I should have the VP44/lift pump tested or checked? My fuel pressure numbers were good enough and always consistent before this, but maybe the tap effected it?

I'll have to check for codes tommorrow... what are the common VP44 failure codes? I can't remember them off hand.

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
OMG, I'm an idiot!!! I guess it's hard for the gauge to work if it's only got a positive wire and not a ground. Put a ground on the body to the battery, now it match's my Autometer gauge 100%. Too embarasing but I can handle the laughter!!!

So just hooking up the yellow wire won't give you a correct FP reading?? Thats all I did, and my numbers seem to be the same as my old FP gauge but they do fluctuate a lot more with this gauge.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Guys, I am anxiously chompin' at the bit. I got my box over a week ago. Pulled my Drag Juice/Att, and they forgot to send the correct data link adaptor with my Adrenaline. Roark thought it would be a week and there are other 99's waitin like me. Driving around with a fully blown race box that is only hooked up for boost fooling is killing me!

By the way, Jammer 5's are WEAK! With no box it feels like a stock truck. No egt, boost, adjusted speedo, or fuel pressure, I better take it easy.

I had to switch out my worn out mudders the other day and I didn't even get to burn them off with this new box.

chomping at the bit is an understatement is there any 98.5s out at all yet I wonder? lots of newer trucks it seems, but no 'ol battle wagons yet

I had Jammer 5s in for a while, I wouldn't call them weak at all, very hot and smokey is more accurate. I'll bet you have 3.55 ratio? with 35s on it thats suckinup alot of power to turn them tires. Are you sure they were/are actually 5s?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 AM

Jammer 5s had me over 500HP...
Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 AM

Quad, anymore updates to play with?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Lotero, you have yours programed with the factory 6PL program?
thats the one
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Ok, I have a couple of updates that we will put back up shortly.

Before you get all excited here are a coupel of things you need to know.

This is more of a production style tune. This is NOT the COMP tuning.
This tune has the turbo timer, defueling and high idle all activated.

What we are trying to do is see if we corrected a couple of little bugs we had previsously with the turbo timer and with the power levels not changing correctly.

Once we know this code is good, we will then start kicking out all the rest of the updates that make tuning changes.

It is just too much work to do all that to find out we still have an issue and then have to re-do it all over again like last time.

So lets check the function of of these things and we will go from there. The faster I get feedback on this stuff the faster I will get the new tuning stuff out.

I will make another post telling you exactly when the site goes back live.

FYI.

Turbo Timer = 3 minutes, brake pedal kills it.
High Idle = 2 minute waiting period and then it idles up to 1200 rpms, brake pedal kills it.
Defueling = 1250 degrees.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 AM

What program has the least amount of surging? I have really bad surging with anything above PL2. I'm sure it has a bunch to do with the Mach 4's. Tried with all Smarty levels without timing and all still the same. Tried with stock and still the same. Doesn't seem to fuel as hard as my Edge Comp on the lower settings but on PL6, look-out, what a mean beast!!! Thanks for the heads up Quad. Looks like this is going to be a bunch of fun!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Testing Observation From a Heavily Fueled Automatic.

PROS...
-On PL10, can build boost while 'power braking' in 4x4, much more easily than I could with stack in my signature.

-No torque management defueling issues!
Been a few yrs since I dealt with this problem but with Smarty on Stock SW, I built boost to 20 psi while standing in place .... and no defueling.
I suspect Smarty leaves the no defueling programed into the ECM.... even if we go back to stock.
Smarty does this with the 'High Idle' program, so maybe it's easier and faster to leave these programs in the ECM than to remove them every time we go back to stock? Just guessing.

-With PL10 and Smarty on Stock SW.... my CTD still pulls hard to Redline.
Pulls just as though Smarty was still over riding the 2900 rpm stock program. (Maybe this programing gets left in the ECM also... or is it the Quad box?).

-Granted it's cooler weather, but I feel I get much less smoke than I've become use to with a boost controlled fueling box?.

CON
-We have had two days of warm weather here... in the 80's.... and the surging under light acceleration is unpleasant from PL02 through PL10.
No surging problem when maintaining speed on level ground... or when accelerating quickly!

RJ
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 AM

loaded the competition tune again just to see.. still no fueling change from 2 on up. tried cycling power a bunch of times, running the settings up and down, ran around town, no change. wierd. will go back to factory 6 for now. as soon as the new file comes out i will test all aspects of it and get back with you ASAP.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:35 PM

sure you have that wire tapped correctly?? You should see a massively HUGE difference getting above 2
Old 11-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
sure you have that wire tapped correctly?? You should see a massively HUGE difference getting above 2
LOL, We have gone thru this already. It's tune dependant. One the 6 level non comp tune its fuels like no other. Reprogram with the 10 level Comp tune and it won't fuel. He has used both my box and my controller to no avail. Its something that has to do with the COMP tune.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM

Which comp tune? Mine works fine... Surges, but works
Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Which comp tune? Mine works fine... Surges, but works
As does mine. The best we could tell Luis is the only one seeing this issue.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM

We are not exactly sure why he is having this issue. It is sort of unexplainable.

All we know is that we had 2 major issues of concern.

1.) Turbo Timers were not shutting down (ie they worked too good!!!!)

2) On some tunes people were having to turn the control pod all the way back to zero to get the power levels to work properly. And 1 truck that anything above PL2 would not work.

So that is why we stopped and worked on fixing the bugs.

Once they are solved we will finish the tuning portion. You never know if these stupid bugs are causing other issues that are harder to trace like the surging. This is expecially true since the surging varies from truck to truck and almost day to day.

So, I am trying to get this up on the web and we will go from there.

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!