Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget to add the fast idle feature to the mix. Quad is working on that for us too.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wurkenman
Don't forget to add the fast idle feature to the mix. Quad is working on that for us too.
It is gonna rock for sure! I should have my box mid week or so & this wait is killing me.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by J Lent
It is gonna rock for sure! I should have my box mid week or so & this wait is killing me.
I feel your pain, while I was waiting I sold my Bullydog and drove the truck "stock" for about a month. When the box finally got here WOO-HOO.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
1BAD4X4: flash the key to start 3 times but do not actually turn it over. look in the odometer section and tell us what codes you have please.

Yeah, I already posted the codes in the Engine and Drivetrain section. First was 0122 - Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input then I got 1693 - Turbo Charge Control Circuit Malfunction. The APPS was really loose so I'm pretty sure thats where the 0122 came from. Could tapping that green wire in the plug(the one with 7 wires) on the back side of the VP44 bring up both these codes?

I tried to find a wiring diagram of the VP44 to find out what that green wire that I originally tapped incorecctly is... no luck yet.

Like I said, truck is running but still doesn't feel exactly right and doesn't sound exactly right either... oh and no box for now. I need to get my truck running right before I worry about that...
Old 11-11-2007, 10:26 AM

I know its probably too late to ask but is the beta window closed? From what I've read on this race box I REALLLY WANT ONE!!!!!!!!! Don't really know what I need to do to get signed up for the beta or receive a box, especially since theres probably already a line for them. Any help would be appreciated guys because I am in the market for a tuner and I really don't want to settle for a POS Edge Juice with Attitude cookie cutter tuner. Have a good one guys.

Bryan
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 PM

i know its still in the testing and alot to do and all that...but is there any sort of idea as to when this thing will be released??? i mean like are we talking a month or so? 6 months?? a year??? any idea on a timeframe would be great!! i hate pulling with no chip at all right now, i sold my ex to get the comp, then just as i was doing that i heard about this, so im on standstill....i hate to waste money on a drag comp then want this when its done, but i hate driving with nothin also!!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by marine4life
I know its probably too late to ask but is the beta window closed? From what I've read on this race box I REALLLY WANT ONE!!!!!!!!! Don't really know what I need to do to get signed up for the beta or receive a box, especially since theres probably already a line for them. Any help would be appreciated guys because I am in the market for a tuner and I really don't want to settle for a POS Edge Juice with Attitude cookie cutter tuner. Have a good one guys.

Bryan

Not really sure if the Edge Juice is cookie cutter, but I know **** well its not a piece of **** by any means. The first page of this thread tells you how to sign up for the beta. We have no clue if hes got any more openings or not, so your best bet is to contact them. Although I do remember Qaud saying something about only half of the beta spots were full or something like that a little while back.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Just taking some notes, it seems the auto guys are seeing more severe surging than others.
Has anyone with the COMP tuning had any surging issues at all?? We do things a lot different and I am curious if that is part of it?
Not sure what tuning i have? I have 0-10 settings. Played with it Sat & Sun. I get surging on 2 and above when cruising on Hwy.
When playing (hard acceleration) surge is less noticable and not a problem... even on #10.

Note: Set Smarty on #2, instead of Stock, so I don't loose tire size correction or have to deal with Torque Mgmt defueling.. #2 = Fueling but no timing.

EDIT (11/12/07): See post # 734 for report with Smarty on Stock.

RJ
Old 11-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Not sure what tuning i have? I have 0-10 settings. Got box Friday and played Sat & Sun. I get surging on 2 and above when cruising on Hwy.
When playing (hard acceleration) surge is less noticable and not a problem... even on
#10.

Note: Set Smarty on #2, instead of Stock, so I don't loose tire size correction or have to deal with Torque Mgmt defueling.. #2 = Fueling but no timing.

RJ
I've got the 10 setting low timing program. Mine surges on every setting. Very minimal on 01, but noticable because I'm paying attention to because it surges so badly on every other setting. I'm a 6 speed and seeing plenty of surge. I thought this was a no surge program, but not positive.

Any new programs for no or less surge?

BTW, I've also been running Smarty on SW2.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Last I heard there were some pretty significant programming changes in the works. RowJ must have a newer program that I do because his is MUCH more refined than mine is. I too can surge level 2 (no wire tap), maybe this has something to do with me keeping the smarty on 2 as well... (2 equals very minimal fueling, but allows me to keep my spedo corrected)... Dunno I'm sure new tunes will be avail soon. Like by the dyno on Sat! lol just kidding quad
Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM

soooo im gunna guess it to late to get in on the beta testing? looking for an alternitive for the redline, its been edited for language me off.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:59 PM

ok, i have done some searching...went to quadzillas website..etc...im not able to find what im looking for...can anyone possibly find the link i need? as i know this has probably been talked about alot..i just cant find it....this quadzilla "beta testing"...what exactly is it? whats "beta"? etc.. where can i find the description explaining the difference compared to like what is on their site, the xzillraider 2 or whatever? is this beta stuff some "update" for their current boxes? or something totaly new? i would just like to find the info that explains all this...thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out as i cannot seem to find it by searching on here..thanks alot
Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
BBA

Well i dont know when i can get to download a new file to it to see if it helped with the problem of 99999 on everything and wont let me change power levels anymore. I was going to dyno on saturday but my stock turbo just gave on me today and unless i can find a good used one by then i wont be going. Anyone in or around the dallas area got one they wanna sell?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by bnold
.... I too can surge level 2 (no wire tap), maybe this has something to do with me keeping the smarty on 2 as well... (2 equals very minimal fueling, but allows me to keep my spedo corrected)...
Yup!
Had same thought about Smarty being on #2 and affecting the surging.
Tested on way to work this am...with Smarty ON STOCK.
Around town and cruising on Hwy...surging is barely noticable and livable (for me) up to PL06!
No surge on acceleration.

Note: Wet roads, and many cops out there, precluded testing for Tq. mgmt. defueling on 01 & 02 autos.

RJ
Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Yup!
Had same thought about Smarty being on #2 and affecting the surging.
Tested on way to work this am...with Smarty ON STOCK.
Around town and cruising on Hwy...surging is barely noticable and livable (for me) up to PL06!
No surge on acceleration.

Note: Wet roads, and many cops out there, precluded testing for Tq. mgmt. defueling.

RJ
Good to know.. Dang it we need to get a smarty program that is tire correction only!! Will try some testing on my software (older 10 level) without smarty on level 2 today

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!