Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
JIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received mine this morning and it was like Christmas early for me! Now to just convince my boss that I need the rest of the day off!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by J Double
Believe it or not you ARE running the pump dry. It runs out of fuel due to not being able to replenish the supply to the VP...this happens for me at approx 2600-2800rpm, I bet your boost and EGTs fall too. The response and power down low feels assume, but once thats burned up and the pump cylinders can't get replenished for the upper RPMs, it tappers off quick. It has nothing to do with FP (provided your not to low), but the ability of the cylinders to stay open long enough to replenish after it shoots it's wad....so to speak.
Actually its not staving the pump,as I've had that happen as well. This is at all RPM ranges. There is no additional fuel being added. As in no smoke no nothing out of the pipe. Not to mention I can hear a pitch change (similar to being on bottle in a gasser) when the pump tap is working. I really feel like there is a small bug in the COMP file. That requires you to cycle the box off and on when it gets shut off in anything but the PL10.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
There is no additional fuel being added. As in no smoke no nothing out of the pipe.
My smoke went down considerably, which I was surprised considering I have fairly large sticks,....and the power was still there down low with just a flick of the skinny pedal.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BBA
Wrong fuse. I cant remember which on justin told me but im sure someone will chime in and let ya know.
Thanks guys didn't even think of that, makes sense thats the engine fuse.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cspotrun

On friday, the truck was acting like it has not fuel tap. Feels like timing only. I went ahead and played with all the settings and none of them would work, all felt the same. So I started clicking down till PL00. And started working my way up. Once I hit PL3 it started changing tones,and I could tell the fuel tap was working again. I didn't give it a whole lot of thought until it did it again to me today. I repeated the all the way down to PL00 and back up and there it was again fueling like mad. It seems kinda random and I think it is only happening if I turn the truck off on any level other than PL10. but I will verify tomorrow for sure. I think this might be the same siteuation that Liuis was running into but mine seems to come back after cycling off and then on again.
I happened to me as well...I found that the fuse tap had loosened up and was getting contact intermittently...it's happened twice now and All I had to do was push the fuse back in...ya might wanna check that...it acted as though the box was suddenly unhooked (which it was! )
Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
I happened to me as well...I found that the fuse tap had loosened up and was getting contact intermittently...it's happened twice now and All I had to do was push the fuse back in...ya might wanna check that...it acted as though the box was suddenly unhooked (which it was! )
Another fuse tap issue...

Originally Posted by J Double
Toss the fuse taps guys. You can't get it to seat properly due to the plastic molding interference where the fuse prongs seat. Forcing it will likely break a fuse. Snip the tap off and expose a little wire, run that down into the fuse seat along with the fuse.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Mine was not a fuse tap issue. The new module plugged up and worked as it was supposed to.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Got mine in last week and hooked it up this weekend. Nice power, but the surging with the stock programming is too much for me to handle. Will be trying some different software versions this week. I didn't see the 10 setting software on the site though, bummer.
mishkaya
Old 11-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Got mine 2 hours ago. I just gotta tell my boss tomorrow that an issue came up and I have to leave 2 hours early That gives me time to call Justin and get some tech support.

How you guys running your current egt probe and this one at the same time?
Or you just running your mech. gauge? I would like to be able to use the detuning feature or T.T.

How do I hook up the fuel pressure? I guess that is what these fuel gaskets are for. Can some one give me a install instruction that has a couple min's to type it so i don't annoy quad's gang to much.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 PM

Just a couple of quick things.

Some of the issues mentioned should be fixed in the next day or two.

First is the TT issues. We finally had a truck do it while we had some equipment hooked up to it and we are working to fix the issue. Basically for some reason the truck shuts down a little different each time. Occassionally there is a little power surge and it throws the processor off in the weeds.

We should have that fixed in the next day or two.

This is also the same thing that is happening with the competition tuning. We should have it fixed as well.

For now I have disabled the website tunes until I get everything updated. Once we get it up and running here in a day or two I will have some programming that stops all the surging. That was caused by some tuning issues. We were tuning on a 100% stock truck. Well once we put a real fuel system on it we found that we were running it out of fuel and that is why we were not seeing some of the surging issues on our truck. Now that we have them we will have them fixed shortly.

I should have an email out to all the beta testers tonight or tomorrow outline some of this stuff in better detail.

FYI, this is why we do this!!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by voyles
Got mine 2 hours ago. I just gotta tell my boss tomorrow that an issue came up and I have to leave 2 hours early That gives me time to call Justin and get some tech support.

How you guys running your current egt probe and this one at the same time?
Or you just running your mech. gauge? I would like to be able to use the detuning feature or T.T.

How do I hook up the fuel pressure? I guess that is what these fuel gaskets are for. Can some one give me a install instruction that has a couple min's to type it so i don't annoy quad's gang to much.
I'm running 2 of everything...I just hooked the fuel sending unit to the other tap on top of the filter canister, I tapped a second hole for the pyro and I put the boost bolt in another hole...

I don't seem to be getting the amount of surging everyone else is...there is a little but manageable until I go above level 3...
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Ohhh, 1 last thing.

I need some advise on the fuse tap thing. I hate them, I despise them, I do not know what else to use?

For the one wire I think we will go straight to the battery. On the other I still have to use the fuse tap. There are no good fuse taps. What do you do?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ohhh, 1 last thing.

I need some advise on the fuse tap thing. I hate them, I despise them, I do not know what else to use?

For the one wire I think we will go straight to the battery. On the other I still have to use the fuse tap. There are no good fuse taps. What do you do?
Brian likes posi tap!

don't care for the scotch lok or any blade type connection too much risk of cutting wire...
Old 11-05-2007, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ohhh, 1 last thing.

The under hood fuse can go to the battery like you said because I am running it like that right now with no problems. You can do what TST does and use a posi-tap to the 12 volt keyed fused DC electric power that provides power during the run and starting position. I haven't tried it on my truck yet I will in the next few days and hope it works.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:23 PM

I like the posi taps but, hear me out.

While there are lots of you guys that are capable of finding the correct wire and installing the posi tap correctly, there are 10,000 people that will not be able to.

In the past when trying to specify a "wire" to tap under the dash it was a NIGHTMARE!! I would rather mess with the crummy fuse taps.

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!