Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe once all beta testers actually have a unit and installed and functioning. The next phases will come faster. Cause I believe Quad doesn't want to string out Beta if possible but get the bugs worked out and get to production asap.

Just my opinion though.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 PM

i see, makes sense. thank you

now i'll watch & wait!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 PM

ok my turn for problems! i got my comp update, installed it like i did the others and headed to the mountains for a quick hunt... well on the way up there i was getting power just not full power, i narrowed it down to the first two settings were working so i went straight to my wire tap, messed with it but i couldnt get the boxs higher settings to work, i even replaced the connector. when i got home i downloaded the file i was using before, 6 setting factory, and it ran fine. so that determined it was the file, this being the case i had cspotrun send me his and i downloaded his to my box with the same result... what i did now was delete all the comp files from my desktop/quad folder and re save the one chris sent me that way i make sure i did use his and re uploaded it to my box. i will find out in the morning if there are any different results.. quad can you please re-send me the comp file to luis.otero@nmkirt.ang.af.mil that way i can test it during the day without having to come home to check my email. thanks!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
Same here with the HY. My boost gage ( mechanical ) only goes to 35 psi. The recon goes to 40. and seems to stop there. My little turbo is just doing its best, but I think that is not good enough.
I have a 60 psi mechanical gauge and on any setting higher than level 3 I hit 40 psi in a heartbeat on my HX, it'll run up to almost 45 on level 6 (ain't gonna do that again soon!)...I'm going away from the aggressive tunes for a bit so I can track the same numbers...(I have both the mechanical and the Adrenaline gauges hooked up and so far they are equal, though the digital readout is faster...just hard to read when driving)

Hey guys, what's the equivalent of level 3 on the 10 level tune?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:09 AM

Ok got it working the fuse tap wasnt in good and I didnt see it until I took my fuse box cover off. Surging is kinda bad I got try and load the new software tonight whats the best one for power?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by CTD01
Ok got it working the fuse tap wasnt in good and I didnt see it until I took my fuse box cover off. Surging is kinda bad I got try and load the new software tonight whats the best one for power?
Toss the fuse taps guys. You can't get it to seat properly due to the plastic molding interference where the fuse prongs seat. Forcing it will likely break a fuse. Snip the tap off and expose a little wire, run that down into the fuse seat along with the fuse.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by J Double
Toss the fuse taps guys. You can't get it to seat properly due to the plastic molding where the prongs seat. Forcing it will likely break a fuse. Snip the tap off and expose a little wire, run that down into the fuse seat along with the fuse.
Isn't there a better fuse tap available...good idea but crummy fit?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Isn't there a better fuse tap available...good idea but crummy fit?
If your like me, you have fuse and wire taps everywhere. My next little project will be to wire everything up and eliminate the "porcupine" look under my dash and under my hood. This will help.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/w...rchField=70217
Old 11-01-2007, 12:11 PM

UPS just dropped mine off, its going on tonight after work.

For those of you that hooked up the pyro and have a mechanical pyro... did you drill and tap a second hole in your manifold?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 PM

I run a pre and post. Just put the Adrenaline probe to the manifold to utilize the defueling and the pillar gauge probe to the top of the downpipe. I wouldn't tap more than 1 hole in a factory manifold. You need to get an ATS or BD 3 piece manifold and then there's no worries bit the factory manifold is pretty weak. Hope that helped you out??
Old 11-01-2007, 01:19 PM

I have two holes in mine and have no problem been like that for 25k.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:20 PM

no multiple holes here.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:24 PM
JIT

I have one hole and its exit only! sorry
Old 11-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Oh my lords!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, before I send this to everyone, I need a couple of people that can give me some feedback pretty quickly.

I have version 1 of the competition tuning done. I like it but, it is going to vary from truck to truck. There is a lot of fueling happening. I mean a LOT.

So if you can get it downloaded quickly post up and I will send it to you.
UPS says they will be delivering mine tomorrow. I am going to the track on Saturday (weather permitting), do you want me to try the competition tunes?

Paul

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!