Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
I think he is saying that the Adrenaline on PL3 is comparable to the Drag Comp.
That's what I thought.

Sounds like I need to get some cash saved for when the little box comes in (cLutch)
Old 10-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Ok, before I send this to everyone, I need a couple of people that can give me some feedback pretty quickly.

I have version 1 of the competition tuning done. I like it but, it is going to vary from truck to truck. There is a lot of fueling happening. I mean a LOT.

So if you can get it downloaded quickly post up and I will send it to you.
Send it to me.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
10-4 good buddy..
I got it today and the new box works. I dont know if you had dots in the corners of your control pod or not but mine didnt and the new does so i had to put in the new box and control pod.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 PM

Well good news is it runs harder. Bad news is I'm waaay out of air. Spiked 42psi and settled at 38 psi. My HY is screaming for mercy and so are the EGTs. There is a lot of fuel in this one. One thing I couldn't fiure out though is I would have expected a thicker or darker smoke. It looked as though it was really a light haze and that was about it. Maybe its how it should be but I figured I would atleast give my observations. It rteally pulls on the top end and I think that is what this one is about. I ran it up to 3300 RPM but with this being rush hour I ran out of room. I'll see about running some late night speed runs and see where it maxes out or atleast where I feel comfortable spinnning this thing to.

Quad if you have any specfic questions please let me know and I'll get back on the highway and get you some answers.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:24 PM

Ouch, I did not know you were running that on an HY!!!!

You cannot be getting the full benefits of the higher settings. You do know it goes up to PL10 now right?

On our test truck it make a nice huge cloud of thick black smoke from a stop and then at 40-45psi it starts to clean up and make more of a haze like you are talking about.

Your drive pressures have to be so out of whack I would not be suprised if you started to see more of a grey or white smoke with totally unburnt fuel coming from the tailpipe!

Also, the new program goes to 3800rpm in our truck and runs out of fuel. You can here it banging and choking!

We have a stock fuel system and stock injectors though.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:15 PM

Ouch, I did not know you were running that on an HY!!!!

You cannot be getting the full benefits of the higher settings. You do know it goes up to PL10 now right?

On our test truck it make a nice huge cloud of thick black smoke from a stop and then at 40-45psi it starts to clean up and make more of a haze like you are talking about.

Your drive pressures have to be so out of whack I would not be suprised if you started to see more of a grey or white smoke with totally unburnt fuel coming from the tailpipe!

Also, the new program goes to 3800rpm in our truck and runs out of fuel. You can here it banging and choking!

We have a stock fuel system and stock injectors though.
LOL Yeah its just a little ole HY. I was on PL10. I would say you are correct, the exhaust looks fairly grey not white though. So sounds like I'm not getting the max out of it, thats fine I should have a Dodgezilla shortly. Still felt pretty good though, really comes on at about 2200 rpm. Also thought I had an issue with the fuel sender. Figured it out though, I have it inline with my mechanical gauge. Being that I'm not coming directly off of the bottom of the fuel canister, I needed to ground it. Works fine now. Fairly accurate with my mechanical gauge. I should have the EGT probe in and have an idea how close they are to my other gauges. Is there any word from others on what they are seeing with the boost gauge. I talked to Luis and he said his is reading low. I know for a fact that mine reads 3-4 psi high. As a matter of fact with the motor off but key on it reads 3-4 psi.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
LOL Yeah its just a little ole HY. I was on PL10. I would say you are correct, the exhaust looks fairly grey not white though. So sounds like I'm not getting the max out of it, thats fine I should have a Dodgezilla shortly. Still felt pretty good though, really comes on at about 2200 rpm. Also thought I had an issue with the fuel sender. Figured it out though, I have it inline with my mechanical gauge. Being that I'm not coming directly off of the bottom of the fuel canister, I needed to ground it. Works fine now. Fairly accurate with my mechanical gauge. I should have the EGT probe in and have an idea how close they are to my other gauges. Is there any word from others on what they are seeing with the boost gauge. I talked to Luis and he said his is reading low. I know for a fact that mine reads 3-4 psi high. As a matter of fact with the motor off but key on it reads 3-4 psi.
Same here with the HY. My boost gage ( mechanical ) only goes to 35 psi. The recon goes to 40. and seems to stop there. My little turbo is just doing its best, but I think that is not good enough.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 PM

I got mine today hooked everything up except for FP and Tranny temp and it doesnt work. It lites up says PL00. All the gauges read 9999 even the boost and the egt which I hooked up. Now I just tried plugging it to my computer and it keeps saying new device attached then new device not attached whats going on?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 PM

Mine did the same thing but don't worry, the boys will fix you up as soon as possible.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Mine did the same thing but don't worry, the boys will fix you up as soon as possible.
yea did you have to get a replacement?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:48 PM

wow, that was a lot of reading. this box sounds sweet, from what i can tell this will be my box of choice when i finish with the mechanical upgrades. from what i gather you guys are still in phase I - is that right? if not, what is the big news about phase III (if you are allowed to tell)
Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSilver
wow, that was a lot of reading. this box sounds sweet, from what i can tell this will be my box of choice when i finish with the mechanical upgrades. from what i gather you guys are still in phase I - is that right? if not, what is the big news about phase III (if you are allowed to tell)
Yes we are still in phase one. Phase 3 is still under wraps ad covered by the confidentiality agreement. Soon enough though.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 PM

If phase 3 has anything to do with COMPLETE user adjustability then i would like to order mine rignt now
Old 10-31-2007, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by muddin_mavric
If phase 3 has anything to do with COMPLETE user adjustability then i would like to order mine rignt now
Phase 1 isn't complete, phase 3 is a ways off and can't be discussed by us testers...
Old 10-31-2007, 09:25 PM

10-4. any idea how long phase 2 & 3 will take once phase 1 is complete?
or will it be a similar process?

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!