Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lotero
any news chris? i will be up in albuquerque here in a few gimme a call..
Nah man. Ended up having a major issue at work that I had to attend to and then had to run to the doctor with the wife. I made a deal with my boss to install it at work tomorrow though, so I'll have some news then. How's your setup running?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 PM

like a raped ape!! let me know if you want me to help you install it. i can also do it for you if you want it shouldnt take more than a half hour..
Old 10-30-2007, 12:20 AM

i got my box! came in late this afternoon. hope to have it in tomarrow.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:15 AM

like a raped ape!! let me know if you want me to help you install it. i can also do it for you if you want it shouldnt take more than a half hour..
So you're saying its a less than an hour install? Nice.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like a raped ape!! .
How does the new program compare to your Drag comp? I'm interested in comparison in spoolup, low end fueling, smoke contol & egts. I've been patiently waiting on my box to arrive, but I just gotta have some info atleast....you know how it is....waiting.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 AM

So easy to install. I like that the module can stay under the hood!!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by DEMON
So you're saying its a less than an hour install? Nice.
yea it is a quick install, if you have installed other boxes before, it is a breeze. one of the nicest things about it is you dont have to run half the crap through the already overcrowded firewall since it stays under the hood. just plug and play, the only thing that might take you longer is hooking up the sensors; EGT, boost, fuel pressure and tranny temp.

as compared to the drag comp it runs the same times at the track but the reasoning behind this (as far as i can tell) is because both are run from 20 psi up since i boost launch, if i was to just stomp it when the light turns green then i would imagine the quad would do much better as it is much more responsive and comes on harder sooner. with this you would think the smoke would be crazy like a smarty but it really isnt any worse than the comp. egts get toasty with my setup and boost hits 50 (need to open the WG a lil more). the quad is pretty comparable to the drag comp on setting 3, maybe a little more aggressive, i almost spun out today when on setting 3 the trans shifted into second and almost spun me out, my comp never did this.. as a disclaimer it was at 0530 in the morning and was real cold out so that may have affected tire grippage, but to compare it to a drag comp, level 3 is close.. but the power of the quad is more broad on all settings
Old 10-30-2007, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lotero, next time you hit the track, try a non boosted takeoff and see what kind of times you get with the quad. It would be a pain to compare the drag comp back to back, but if you had a buddy to help, it wouldn't be too bad.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 PM

its actually pretty easy i just unplug the quad plug in the drag comp and run it, then do it all over again for the quad and run again, i can do it in line waiting my turn, i do need to see how it will do on a non boosted run.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Oh man I love this box!!!
Went back to stock on the Smarty. Unwired the TST. Wired this thing in and poof. Nothing, just PL00 and all 9999's like a couple of others have seen. Went back over everything and found the underhood fuse tap disconnected. Plugged it back in and went for a spin. Man oh man it fuels on the big end. I attempted a boosted 18 psi launch and it didn't defuel on me, but I was also in 2wd as my front Diff is giving me fits. Boost is off by about 5-6 off my Isspro mechanical. I'll have to check EGTs and tranny temp later this week, as I'll have to come up with a solution so I can run both and see how they compare to the Adenaline's readings. I'm still running Beta 062 and will update to the latest that Quad sent out the other day. I'll be honest I didn't feel any surging on level 6 but I'll see how the 10 level program works out.

All I can say is Quad you have a really good product so far and I feel it can only get better. Keep up the good work. I know I appreciate having someone still interested in the VP44 crowd.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
I'm still running Beta 062 and will update to the latest that Quad sent out the other day.
What update is this....Competion update? I'm about to start wiring mine up in a few.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by J Lent
How does the new program compare to your Drag comp? I'm interested in comparison in spoolup, low end fueling, smoke contol & egts. I've been patiently waiting on my box to arrive, but I just gotta have some info atleast....you know how it is....waiting.

The spool up for me was so much faster than my comp! I know with my comp i would lose all my boost between shifts nearly. With the adrenaline between shifts it never even comes close to falling where the comp would. You can control the smoke pretty easy also. EGT's for me really are not to bad at all. I Posted what my EGT's were on all levels crusing and at WOT from like a 70 punch on a earlier page.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 PM

Smoke and EGTs are way down. I was only able to hit 1200 (not complaining) where a Drag Comp would bury the pyro and pull really hard on top. I don't have the 10-level update and I don't think anyone has the "Competion" file yet, but hopefully this will fuel harder on top than the file it was shipped with. The unit responds nicely at low boost also (Smarty like response) without all the smoke. I usually have to "light foot" it from a dead stop but I'm able to pull off harder without causing a scene and getting the death look from the Hybrid (smug) crowd.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM

the quad is pretty comparable to the drag comp on setting 3, maybe a little more aggressive, i almost spun out today when on setting 3 the trans shifted into second and almost spun me out, my comp never did this..
only comparable to drag comp on stage 3?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 PM

Just wait on the stronger programs... That EGT can climb quick i quad asks for it... I can hit 1500 pretty easily on the higher #s with Twins... TST Comp Smarty combo highest ever was 1450

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!