Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Anyone else getting the USB connection error???
Yep best way I found to get around it is to start the program hit update then quickly plug the box in... Works for me that way... If I leave it plugged in too long the computer freaks out... Sure its just a bug
Old 10-28-2007, 08:00 PM

Ya, both of my computers (one XP and one Vista) both wigged out constantly when I tried to plug the module in the XP computer, the screen that pops up says " One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance solving this problem, click this message". When I try to plug it into the Vista computer, the same thing happens but when I rty to bypass it and load the new e-mail update, it says "Unhandled exeption has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue."
Old 10-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Yep best way I found to get around it is to start the program hit update then quickly plug the box in... Works for me that way... If I leave it plugged in too long the computer freaks out... Sure its just a bug

That's exactly what they told me at Quadzilla. Plug it in and and hit update quickly.....like within 2 seconds or less. Seemed to work fine that way after we worked around some driver issues on my computer.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Chapter President

Mine does the same thing. It will shut down the program. I sometimes have to start the program a few times, others it will take right away. Just be persistent it will eventually take
Old 10-28-2007, 09:29 PM

I used my wife's laptop and got it up update but still no luck (Still PL00 Only)when trying it in the truck. I hope the truck will still run fine with the box in and not functioning properly??? I don't want to have to remove it if I don't have to... Quad, can you help me figure this out.
Jamie Hattum
Old 10-28-2007, 09:56 PM
BBA

Ya, both of my computers (one XP and one Vista) both wigged out constantly when I tried to plug the module in the XP computer, the screen that pops up says " One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance solving this problem, click this message". When I try to plug it into the Vista computer, the same thing happens but when I rty to bypass it and load the new e-mail update, it says "Unhandled exeption has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue."
Thats exactlty what my computer does (XP) and it also says in the little update box "invalid module" I actually gave up until a buddy had his computer in his truck and i tried and worked fine. Then went back to my computer and still the same problems.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:56 PM

I used my wife's laptop and got it up update but still no luck (Still PL00 Only)when trying it in the truck. I hope the truck will still run fine with the box in and not functioning properly??? I don't want to have to remove it if I don't have to... Quad, can you help me figure this out.
Jamie Hattum
I have the same problem and my truck seem to run fine.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 AM

dodgediesel i should be gettting mine here anyday and i got the same batch as you. only im even farther north so i have to wait longer than anyone. i'll see if mine has the same problem and if it is a windows driver problem i should be able it figure it out and a workaround for it. (went to university for computer hardware). if its the module i won't screw around with it just so i don't screw anyhting up.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 AM

I'm guessing it's the module because I can get around the programming by updating it very quickly when plugging in the USB cable. Having to do this step tells me there is a problem right from the start but that's why we are testing for Quadzilla, to help figure out the small things. I'm just happy to be trying a new toy. I would love to try the Adrenaline with the Commander remote so I could watch all the gauges at the same time. I wonder if the Commander works with the Adrenaline?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Mine just showed up. I'm gonna go break the news to my boss. Should have it installed directly. Mine shipped on Thursday the 25th. Came with Beta 62 loaded.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 PM

any news chris? i will be up in albuquerque here in a few gimme a call..
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 PM

I'm guessing it's the module because I can get around the programming by updating it very quickly when plugging in the USB cable. Having to do this step tells me there is a problem right from the start but that's why we are testing for Quadzilla, to help figure out the small things. I'm just happy to be trying a new toy. I would love to try the Adrenaline with the Commander remote so I could watch all the gauges at the same time. I wonder if the Commander works with the Adrenaline?
I just got a call from quad and they are sending me new box and will be here on wesnesday, so I hope it will work since we are having the same problem. Will let you know what happens.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:37 PM

10-4 good buddy..
Old 10-29-2007, 09:26 PM

I am not sure what the deal is.

The only trouble like this I have had was the very first box I sent out because it had been pinned wrong.

Since then I have had ZERO issues like this except out of the batch you guys are talking about. Someone must have either programmed the control pod wrong is all I can figure.

To be sure we are sending replacements and then we will figure out what the problem is for sure.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:29 PM

Right on Quad, thanks!! A little off topic but does the Commander work with the Adrenaline?

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!