Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're in Quad, just received it today. I don't want to sound like too much of an idiot but there was no install manual with this sweet looking piece?? I'm 100% sure if I can do my own headgasket, I can figure it out but I don't want to make a single error when wiring it up. Are the install directions on the website?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:05 PM

Earlier in this thread there was some wiring instructions. I had them on my computer so here ya go.
Race Box Install instructions

Your box should be to you tomorrow. There is no instructions but, most of it is self explanatory. Just in Case I am going to put them up here.

Short Red Wire = Any fuse under the hood

Long Red Wire = Fuse #9 in the cab

Black Wire with Ring = Negative Battery Terminal

Dark Green Wire = Pump Wire

Yellow Wire = Fuel Pressure Sensor (Sensor Included)

Brown Wire = Transmission/Oil Temp sensor (sensor is included)

Orange and Black with 2 Pin Connector = Thermocouple

You also have a proprietary connection of the COntrol Pod, MAP sensor and Data Link and then the Main Big plug goes to the Module.

USB port is on the front of the enclosure behind the square seal. You can pop it open if needed, just plug it back in. It is built into the case so you cannot remove it totally and you cannot loose it.

The overlay on the COntrol Pod is for our X2 modules.

When looking at it the abbreviations will no correlate to the actual parameter being monitored. so here is a matrix.

Top Left = EGT
Bottom Left = Boost
Top Right = Trans/Oil Temp
Bottom Right = Fuel Pressure

If the LEDs in the corners are lit you will see PL0X (X= your power level)

You can watch any parameter you want and hit the up or down button at anytime, the display will show the power level change and display for a couple of seconds and switch back to the parameter you were watching.

PL1 = Timing Only
PL2 = Timing and Fuel Bus only 65 hp

Pl3 and Up starts really adding fuel.

Call 888-842-6572 and ask for Roark if you have any questions or troubles.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:42 PM

Thanks so much, it's all good now!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
Luis's ETs were the same with your box and the COMP, so I dont see how you can even claim that(strongest single box) yet.
i did run the same times as the drag comp but i was extremely happy with the box, it is in a very early stage of beta and i already have more fuel so for the first shot to be as strong as the tried and true drag comp, that to me is one hell of an accomplishment in itself! the power is much more broad and it fuels way past 3000, 120mph, and 1700degrees (open road tested messing with a car) so yea i do need more air but it still kicks some serious butt with my current setup!
all i have found from talking to quad and seeing what is about to come is that there is a long way to go and this is going to be THE BOX TO HAVE.

note: not a slam to timbeauxs post just my .02
Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 PM

The waiting for the call anticipation is almost making me ill..........in a good way
Old 10-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Chapter President

Like Lotero says and if my input matters. This box is amazing. On my basically stock truck this thing just keeps pulling. I can light up the tires just by accelerating from a dead stop. My truck has never done that before. Just like with the Harley, a little power makes you want a lot more. I am selling my shelves full of HD parts for diesel upgrades.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 PM

I am happy with it so far from a normal plug in box standpoint. I think a little tweaks here and there and it will be a phenominal product for the guy wanting to hotrod around a little.

I am not happy at all with it from a Competition standpoint, so much so that we are completely re-doing some software after some testing we have been doing. For some reason we got too fancy and we are not fueling like we were in initial testing. I am only getting about 1/2 to 3/4 of the fuel stretch that I had. We know why now and we are making some changes.

I should have something finished late next week and we will have some real power and real fueling then.

This is why we Beta test. As soon as you go into a semi-production mode things change!!! It never fails.

I promise ya, I will get there.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qzilla
Well, there are a couple of things that make that a big deal.

First, Smarty and TST COMP = about $1550 best I can tell. Which is over double what this box costs by itself. If you start talking FMS and other stuff it would be even cheaper.

Second, is that I know Lotero ran the same times. I am not sure that the issue is that we are only as strong as the Drag Comp though. He might need a bigger charger or who knows? I kno we had guys dynoing with Stage 2 DD sticks making the same as guys with much Larger DD sticks but, they were using a stock turbo so that was to be expected.

Third, We are in BETA. Nothing is for sale yet and nothing is being advertised.

I simply said that because we were about 10hp shy of the Smarty/TST Comp stack which is said to be stronger than the Drag Comp. Leads me to believe that we would be the strongest single box so far.

And I am not sending you a box because I have a long list I am committed to at this time. Once they get theirs we can talk.

I really do not need you to try and validate anything for me at this point. I really need people that can work with me. There is a huge difference.

You can buy one and validate it or tell me I am crazy once I am done.

Easy man, not trying to hurt your feelings, I was just pointing out what I have seen. I have talked with several that have spoken very highly of your product and am looking forward to driving a truck with one. Hell, I hope you get the bugs worked out and are able to offer up a cheaper alternative to the big money"Cadillac stacks." The bottom line is that competition in the market is good for the end user not only in terms of value per dollar spent, but better, more user friendly products as well.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:52 PM

No feelings hurt here.

I just took your post as it was written stating that you would try to validate on a dyno if it would make power or not.

If you had said, I have dyno time coming up and I would love to give some feedback or something of that nature I would have taken it differently.

Bottom line is that not 1 person has the clout to give a review and that would be good enough. We are going to have to impress a LOT of people before we get to that point.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I plan on releasing some competition updates late next week and we will see how those go.

When that happens I can give you a better idea.

I've got two hours of dyno time on the 31st and would love to be able to provide you numbers from these files.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 AM

I will try my best to ave something to you by then.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 AM

All the BETA guys have a new email with some info and 2 updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:06 PM

Any HRVP 44 idle lope fix's?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM

Did you read the email I sent you??
Old 10-27-2007, 03:12 PM

I just got back online and went here first (in the boonies here with my laptop and aircard). Just got the e-mail, my appologies Quad. Just was curious about any other HRVP 44 users out there??

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!