Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks quad ....
Old 10-26-2007, 02:11 PM

Some one just got notified the big brown truck is bringing goodies next week.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
Some one just got notified the big brown truck is bringing goodies next week.
So I take it you were the other guy getting his sent. Mine should be here on Monday.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:21 PM

mine was sent but i still haven't got it... **** this remote location. i think they shipped it ups. wish i had a tracking number so i could follow its every move.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
mine was sent but i still haven't got it... **** this remote location. i think they shipped it ups. wish i had a tracking number so i could follow its every move.
Call Justin he should beable to email it to you.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
So I take it you were the other guy getting his sent. Mine should be here on Monday.
I should have mine Tuesday and will be on the dyno Wednesday evening. Back to back testing with the Adrenaline and Drag Comp, with and without nitrous.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

yea...i really wanna see how it does on a high hp truck...maybe it'll be my ticket to 600hp
Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 PM

Well we have 1 beta tester that broke 600 already but, we are not where we need to be yet on the really high horsepower stuff. The problem is that at very high horsepower levels every little thing makes a huge difference. Every single different modification affect everything else a ton.

So, in short we have some work to do in my opinion. I won't mention name or mods but here is what it did.

This was the Surge Fix file with 6 power levels.

PL5 = 606.53 RWHP 1013 RWTQ
PL6 = 610.53 RWHP 982 RWTQ

With N20 added in 739.56 RWHP 1182 RWTQ.

Now, those are great numbers with a single box but, we think we had WAY too much timing for his setup. We also think we had WAY WAY too much timing and he had to run pretty small jets with the N20.

To compare this same truck made 630 RWHP 1010RWTQ with Smarty/TST Special Competition program. The truck was around 830-850 with different N20 jets. He did not run these same jets with the Adrenaline because of the timing and we think we were over taxing the pump and causing it to run itself out of fuel. I will find that sweet spot though!

I would say we are close to being pretty darn stout but, not there yet. We obviously are either overfueling or underfueling on the most radical trucks.

Overall he says the street manners are much better than the Smarty/TST stack. It is more drivable when turned up especially.

I have sent him some reduced timing files and they seem to be much stronger and he plans on more dyno time soon! So, we will get it but, we are not there yet!

I do think we would have to be the strongest single box there is at this point though.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:31 PM

Oh, yeah, we stopped fueling on his truck at 3200rpm on the dyno and that also cost us some ponies. I will have to get that sorted out at some point as well.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I have sent him some reduced timing files and they seem to be much stronger and he plans on more dyno time soon! So, we will get it but, we are not there yet!

Quad...can I get the reduced timing tune as well? I'd like to try both "Aggressive" tunes you have.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Banned

I do think we would have to be the strongest single box there is at this point though.
Not trying to be a richard, but Your box is a fuel and timing box correct? So it is one box that does both.... Why is that a big deal compared to a box and a downloader that does both. Luis's ETs were the same with your box and the COMP, so I dont see how you can even claim that(strongest single box) yet.

Tell ya what. I'm gonna be spending some quality time on Dunbar's machine next weekend. I'd love to see how it stacks up against an FMS and a VA stack. Hell I'll even take it to the track next Sunday.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
So it is one box that does both.... Why is that a big deal compared to a box and a downloader that does both.
Well, there are a couple of things that make that a big deal.

First, Smarty and TST COMP = about $1550 best I can tell. Which is over double what this box costs by itself. If you start talking FMS and other stuff it would be even cheaper.

Second, is that I know Lotero ran the same times. I am not sure that the issue is that we are only as strong as the Drag Comp though. He might need a bigger charger or who knows? I kno we had guys dynoing with Stage 2 DD sticks making the same as guys with much Larger DD sticks but, they were using a stock turbo so that was to be expected.

Third, We are in BETA. Nothing is for sale yet and nothing is being advertised.

I simply said that because we were about 10hp shy of the Smarty/TST Comp stack which is said to be stronger than the Drag Comp. Leads me to believe that we would be the strongest single box so far.

And I am not sending you a box because I have a long list I am committed to at this time. Once they get theirs we can talk.

I really do not need you to try and validate anything for me at this point. I really need people that can work with me. There is a huge difference.

You can buy one and validate it or tell me I am crazy once I am done.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
Quad...can I get the reduced timing tune as well? I'd like to try both "Aggressive" tunes you have.
Hang on just a bit and a new email will be going back out. It will have both normal and reduced timing files in the email.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:48 PM

quad how much longer till we can expect to see this box on the market i have been watching this box and it has convinced me out of a drag comp . im not trying to rush you just wondering . keep up the good work on this box .
Old 10-26-2007, 06:23 PM

I plan on releasing some competition updates late next week and we will see how those go.

When that happens I can give you a better idea.

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!