Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont have a camera to take pictures, but I mounted mine on top of the steering column next to the flasher button.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by roan
I dont have a camera to take pictures, but I mounted mine on top of the steering column next to the flasher button.
Same here and so far it has been very easy to see and adjust.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Mine is right next to my TST on the bottom of the stock gauges... Works pretty well. Doesn't Hide anything and is easy to see and adjust
Old 10-23-2007, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by lkuykendall
Same here and so far it has been very easy to see and adjust.
X3

quad you have a pm, i cant figure out how to update via the email updates, im getting a command failed to execute pop up error box when i try to save the files as .exe
Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM

You should be able to right click the update in the email and do a "save as" and you can put it anywhere you want.

Once you do that change the file extension and run it.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 PM

i got it! i had to save it to my desktop, change to an .exe then save it to my thumbdrive, then back to my quadzilla folder and now it runs, i dont know how or why but i got it fixed... and now have a 10 setting box.... oh man this is great..
Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
You may as well do Mach 4's while you're at it. Especially if you are going to do a charger. You're going to want them at some point anyway. They work as hard as they play from what I've seen.
Probably a good suggestion but I wanna stick with a fast spool turbo and keep the smoke minimal since they are ramping up emissions testing criteria in my area...
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM

emissions, whats that?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Probably a good suggestion but I wanna stick with a fast spool turbo and keep the smoke minimal since they are ramping up emissions testing criteria in my area...
They're not really that smoky. If you're going to change the charger, you should have plenty of air for M4's and with a box adjustment you should be back to a reasonable smoke level. I think Hohn is running M4's on a stock HX35. I wouldn't think emissions testing can't hold you to standards for new trucks anyway...you should be grandfathered to a different standard. I understand your concern though. I'm pretty sure Don or his vendors would probably suggest the same. Not even sure they make some of those in between injectors now because the M4's are such good injectors for work and play.

BTW, sorry to get off topic. Back to the race box....
Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

Can somebody walk me through updating the new 10 level tune to my module please?

I can't seem to figure it out.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM

yall are killing me i cant wait to get mine
Old 10-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by roan
Can somebody walk me through updating the new 10 level tune to my module please?

I can't seem to figure it out.
Save the file from the email to your desktop (this is just the easiest, once you know what you are doing you can put it anywhere you want).

Once it is saved go to the icon on your desktop (the application you downloaded) and right click it and hit "rename". On the end of the file it says .ex_ right now. You need to only change that to .exe

Once you do that double click the icon and a little program will pop up. SInce you have never installed drivers it will walk you through the driver install. After you do this you simply click "update module" and you are good to go.

Don't hook your module up until it tells you to initially. Once you have the drivers installed you can do whatever you want.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:38 PM

waiting on the call
Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 PM

I am waiting on the MAP sensor plugs for the 98-00 trucks. Once I get them a lot more 98-00 boxes will start going out.

I had a few but, most of what I have is for 01-02 trucks which is what you will see runing them right now.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Save the file from the email to your desktop (this is just the easiest, once you know what you are doing you can put it anywhere you want).

Once it is saved go to the icon on your desktop (the application you downloaded) and right click it and hit "rename". On the end of the file it says .ex_ right now. You need to only change that to .exe

Once you do that double click the icon and a little program will pop up. SInce you have never installed drivers it will walk you through the driver install. After you do this you simply click "update module" and you are good to go.

Don't hook your module up until it tells you to initially. Once you have the drivers installed you can do whatever you want.
Just to add to his instructions... In order to change the file extensions (.exe .jpg etc..) you must be able to see them first! I know not all are computer savy so some may not be able to do this... You need to go to the folder where the file is located and click tools-folder options and then click on the view tab... From there make sure the hide extension for unknown file types box is unchecked...

Some computers recognize that the .ex_ file that quad sends is not an executable and display the extension for you to change, others don't...

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!